LEM Kits Donation for a new model

Kagemusha

On 11/23/2020 at 3:12 PM, thierry laurent said:

So do I and this is typically in the range of what LEM is producing.

Not a Kikka but I have already sent him a donation for the Ki-201 Karyu.  I should add that it actually works, I sent him a donation for a Su-9 about a year and a half ago and the finished kit currently sits on mywork bench.

I have the strong feeling that a Pe-2 is more in the range of Infinity from Czech, the injection moulding arm of HPH. They are familiar with multiseat prop twins and able to make moulds for injection molding kits the size of a Pe-2. The Pe-2 was also used by Czech during and after WW2.

While talking about soviet multiseat twins: Il-28.

I've asked Kitty hawk about this some years ago. The answer was: doable, but they told me that there was a line of other kits (about 10 different types) to be released before ta this time and in near future. No, they didn't specify which types, so don't ask :P If I am counting right they released 4 or 5 LSP types since that talk. Still holding my fingers crossed :D

A Su-15TM would be tempting. Large, but doable for LEM, given the Su-22 and Mig-27. Guess it depends on buyers interest.

Me? Beside of a Mig-13 I am also interested in a Mig-25. Not much larger than a Su-15, surprisingly few and simple surface details, even inside intakes, exhausts and canopy. Only detailwise really challenging area are the main UCs and the main UC bays with the common collection of a large number of hydraulic lines. The kit line could also easily extended into subvariants like the recce/bomber and the ELINT configuration. Different marking and color options: Soviet, Syria, Iraq, Libya, India, Bulgaria, Algeria, and the post-soviet countries. Just dreaming...

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik

1 hour ago, ninjrk said:

Not a Kikka but I have already sent him a donation for the Ki-201 Karyu.  I should add that it actually works, I sent him a donation for a Su-9 about a year and a half ago and the finished kit currently sits on mywork bench.

Well, the Karyu stayed a 'paper' plane whereas this was not the case of the Kikka.

MiG-25 and 31 are excellent ideas but I'm still hoping they will finally come from Trumpeter as the company never stopped releasing Soviet jets from the very beginning of their LSP releases. I'm seeing some very large planes in the proposals but we should keep in mind the technical production challenges, cost and consequent price linked to such choices when we speak resin models.

On 11/23/2020 at 11:52 AM, Kagemusha said:

Interesting idea

I asked Andriy about it, here's his reply;

The customer, in parallel with the donation, places a wish, which model he would like we made. When we reach the minimum number of orders we have defined, we proceed to its implementation. And the one who posted such a wish gets a small discount on this model.

Yeah, that's an emphatic no... No way I'm donating money to a kit that I might not even want or buy, even if the discount was 50% off retail.  Now if  they were to announce a crowd-fund for a certain model kit, then I could better judge on whether to consider helping or not.... With this "spin-of-the-wheel" it's definitely no.

On 11/24/2020 at 12:19 PM, thierry laurent said:

I would prefer a never released topic but why not a MiG-17? The Trumpy kit is an awful caricature with tons of shapes and dimensions errors. Possibly amongst the three worst LSP kits ever released.

Amen, Brother!

The problem with the MiG-17 is the possibility Trumpeter could re-tool a MiG-15 and 17. LEM would be better served with less popular, niche subjects unlikely to ever be kitted. I put the Pe-2 in that category, unless someone knows something, or how about a Japanese Pete? Twin Mustang? SAAB 21?

22 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

The problem with the MiG-17 is the possibility Trumpeter could re-tool a MiG-15 and 17. LEM would be better served with less popular, niche subjects unlikely to ever be kitted. I put the Pe-2 in that category, unless someone knows something, or how about a Japanese Pete? Twin Mustang? SAAB 21?

It would have to be the most extensive re-tooling of a kit ever!  And if they did, at the end of the process they would be saying "Why didn't we just start from scratch?!?!  :BANGHEAD2: