Super glue smudge on PE

Yes, debonder will remove it.  But it might also remove the underlying paint.  If the part is clear, I would perform a test on a spare clear part with the debonder that you are using.  Instead of a cotton bud, I like to use a fine paint brush with debonder to remove excess CA.  I found it is best to have the brush slightly damp with the debonder and not fully loaded with it.

6 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

Tim..

Read what Edgar Brooks says in this link . scroll down to read it.  He knew almost everything  .

Fingerprints | Scale Models Forums

https://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/fingerprints.12052/

Fingerprints... - FineScale Modeler - Essential magazine for scale model builders, model kit reviews, how-to scale modeling, and scale modeling products http://cs.finescale.com/fsm/tools_techniques_and_reference_materials/f/13/t/161010.aspx

The second link is probably okay but have a look Tim.

The cyno wipe would work perfect, but I can't find a US distributor for it and I can't find it on Ebay either.

Tim

2 hours ago, Thunnus said:

Yes, debonder will remove it.  But it might also remove the underlying paint.  If the part is clear, I would perform a test on a spare clear part with the debonder that you are using.  Instead of a cotton bud, I like to use a fine paint brush with debonder to remove excess CA.  I found it is best to have the brush slightly damp with the debonder and not fully loaded with it.

Ok. The pe nor the model is not painted right now, so I'll try your idea. 

Thanks 

Tim

10 minutes ago, Hawkwrench said:

I dipped a spare brush in debonder and very carefully wiped the smudge away. 

Smudge is gone and no reaction to the plastic.

Thanks Thunnus!!!

Nice! That's the ending you want to hear about