Dreidecker

themongoose

My latest project...This is Revell’s 1/28 1964 pop of Werner Voss’ F1 Fokker Triplane. I did this between builds just for the fun of it.  Completely out of the box with a reliance on paint work to make it stand out. The streaking was what really excited me. in this case I mixed green and black oil paints together, then loaded up the brush more or less to get the light and dark shaded streaks. Besides the streaking the only unique thing I did here was to spray a bright white highlight on the ridges Revell put on the wheels to give the illusion of spokes :rolleyes: I managed to get all the kit decals on, although some are better then others. A couple split in 2 and one of them in 3 but overall they were useable for a fun project like this.  Prop is Tamiya deck tan with an oil paint overlay to create the grain. A super fun build that made me smile the whole time!

IMG_9540-338x450.jpg IMG_9538-600x450.jpg IMG_9538-600x450.jpg

IMG_9529-600x450.jpg

IMG_9535-600x450.jpg IMG_9530-600x450.jpg IMG_9526-600x450.jpg

Edited by themongoose
New pic format

Dang! Thanks so much for the positive comments. I was honestly hesitant to post it up. Seeing your comments on the paint ideas I tried is great encouragement to keep trying new things and not to fret about just doing something for fun.