1/32 Hasegawa N1K2-J Shiden Kai 343-45

Thunnus

On 11/29/2020 at 1:14 AM, Greif8 said:

Very impressive build John.  Your chipping is perfectly executed.

Ernest

Thanks so much Ernest!  The hairpsray can give good chipping results but it also cause me some paint lifting problems as well.  I think I could've gone a little further with the chipping but I was hesitant about going TOO far.

On 12/5/2020 at 12:03 AM, Gazzas said:

Really a fantastic result, John!  My favorite Japanese AC of WWII.

Thanks Gaz!  I really like the Shiden Kai (and Shiden too).  I wouldn't call it a graceful design but it has a nice strong ambience to it.

17 hours ago, mpk said:

Lovely George. :thumbsup:

Thank you very much!  I enjoyed the build very much!

9 hours ago, Rick K said:

beautiful work, engine is special.

Thank you Rick!  One of my rare builds where you can actually remove a cowling!

13 hours ago, Thunnus said:

Thank you so much Azor!  I like the bird in your avatar!  Are you a fan of Accipiters?

Definitely! But above all a fan of nocturnal birds of prey. Here in Chile we've got the Accipiter chilensis, nickname "Peuquito" (Pewkitoh). Lovely creatures, indeed!

On 12/11/2020 at 12:17 PM, Azor said:

Definitely! But above all a fan of nocturnal birds of prey. Here in Chile we've got the Accipiter chilensis, nickname "Peuquito" (Pewkitoh). Lovely creatures, indeed!

Looks to be very similar to the three Accipiter species that we have here in California... Accipiter striatus, Accipiter cooperi and the big Northern Goshawk (Accipiter gentillis).

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 5:14 AM, MARU5137 said:

Love the video.  SUPER  way to show off your Workmanship 

and the End result is STUPENDOUS..

GORGEOUS  model. :wub:   :bow:

HAPPY NEW YEAR .

Thank you!  I'm not sure I'll be doing that with other builds but I've found that it doesn't take me that much time to cobble together this type of slideshow.

On 1/5/2021 at 3:25 PM, Cicciuzzo said:

professional model

Thank you very much!

23 hours ago, Martin Kubis said:

So what else to say ? ....like the real thing!

Thanks Martin!  I appreciate the feedback!

On 12/14/2020 at 5:01 PM, Thunnus said:

Looks to be very similar to the three Accipiter species that we have here in California... Accipiter striatus, Accipiter cooperi and the big Northern Goshawk (Accipiter gentillis).

Ok, now you’re just talking dirty! We have Accipiter cooperi that scare the birds at our feeders into hitting the windows, then collecting them, and last year I started noticing that they paralleled me on the bike path, waiting for me to flush game, then attack out of the sun...but I’m digressing from your amazing build. Again, great job!

Cheers,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina

On 1/6/2021 at 7:43 PM, Uncarina said:

Ok, now you’re just talking dirty! We have Accipiter cooperi that scare the birds at our feeders into hitting the windows, then collecting them, and last year I started noticing that they paralleled me on the bike path, waiting for me to flush game, then attack out of the sun...but I’m digressing from your amazing build. Again, great job!

Cheers,  Tom

Ha... another raptor fan?  I guess it's not a totally random connection as our builds can be viewed as "raptors" as well!