Actually, the ICM is not a direct copy, although they are very similar. ICM's instruments include better detail for the bezels, including the ears for the mounting screws, while the Matchbox just has simple circles. Also, the bottom left instrument is a different size and positioned slightly different. The ICM has a little better representation for the compass, a bit deeper and sharper and not as deep. Would have been better to make a separate part like the SW kit as it is quite visible sticking out like it does.

I am not familiar enough with the real panel to see how 'off' the Matchbox & ICM panels are, though, so if they used the Matchbox as a bad reference, not good. Kev, your panel looks awesome, though!

23 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

I am not familiar enough with the real panel to see how 'off' the Matchbox & ICM panels are, though, so if they used the Matchbox as a bad reference, not good.

There seems to be a lot of variation, and the large number of Tiger Moths still flying with modern instruments and panel layouts only muddies the picture. I based my panel on photos of the RAAF version, which I'm sure will be different from the RAF or other versions. I can see Yahu, Red Fox or Quinta tackling the issue for us, though - or at least, I hope they do!

Kev

22 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I really like the way that ICM has tackled the lower wings by making them one piece with the corresponding fuselage section. Now that should make things a whole lot easier to assemble!

Kev

Have they left any gap at all?

DH82_Tiger_Moth_Walkaround_A17-691_VH-UV

There should at least be a gap at the back, and a bit in front of the hinge too

Richard

MORE: Now, why does that http image embed properly, when mine don't??

Just received my kit, looks ok but not stunning, which was the feeling that I had on opening the ICM Gladiator. I’m going to sit down later and have a good look at it and compare areas with the Matchbox and Silver Wings kit. One immediately noticeable point is the interplane strut design; narrow contact points instead of the foolproof “socket” system used on the Gladdie.  Just makes getting those wings together and properly lined up that little bit more demanding, especially for those who are not biplane builders.