Friedrichshafen FF.33?

Archimedes

6 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

And probably a kidney...

The number of modellers clamouring for a 1/32 resin FF.33, prepared to pay the inevitable €150+ cost - the Lukgraph Curtis F6C-1 cost €130, with one seat & no engine - must be considerably less than the 300 odd that were made of the actual aircraft?

Even I would pass on it. Then again, I bought Aviattic's Ansaldo & immediately sold it on at a loss, as the instructions demanded tolerances that made it look like a torturous build.

The only other kit I sold on like that was GMF's Hs-129. Boy, that was rough, even for a limited run resin kit. I swear I opened the box and it barked at me. Bought on Tuesday for £130, sold on Thursday for £100, and I was happy to take the loss and see it go. In fact, I may have held a celebratory party.

(Note - metaphorical tin hat on -  this was, and is, a reflection on my pathetically limited modelling "skills", not the kits. When it comes to kits, I'm a flat track bully)

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 1:40 PM, Landrotten Highlander said:

I cana't believe I am saying this, as I generaly do not do WWI stuff, but I actually am being tempted by this big time...

Be careful; I found it quite easy to get hooked on early aviation from the 1907 airshow to 1918! :help:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...