Best 1/32 FW 190 With No AM

James Rademaker

Members,

I know this question may be hard to answer but I am thinking of building a 1/32 FW 190. I’d like to know your options on which kit straight out of the box gives the best bang for the buck and gives me the detail with out going nuts on AM accessories. I’m willing to get AM tires and an IP. In the past I have built the Hasegawa 190 and the old REVELL kit. With all the newer releases I’d appreciate your feedback. 

Thanks in advance,

Jim

29 minutes ago, Jerry Crandall said:

Nice build here, but those two oval panels on the port side of the fuselage need to be filled in.

Cheers, Jerry

Thanks for the headsup, Jerry:D

16 minutes ago, D Bellis said:

Recent-tool Hasegawa kits. I've built both the newer Hasegawa kits and the newer Revell kits, and didn't care for the finicky fit of the Revell. 

D

The multipart-cowl was definitely more work than the hasegawa piece. I taped the cowl together around the completed engine assembly then glued the engine to the fuselage, then removed the cowls to fit later in the build. Tacking it together with superglue, then flooding all the joints with tamiya extra thin got a reasonably good fit, and super strong joints :D

I’ll second the Revell opinion.

If you’re not too hung up on not having masses of detail, want to build a nice looking model vs a hyper accurate one, and don’t want to spend a heap of cash, get Revell. Last year, I got a Spitfire, Mustang, Me-109, and Fw-190 all at half price, cost less than what a Tamiya Spitfire would retail at. Bargain!

I've built a few Hasegawa A8 and F8 and am presently building the Revell F8. For ease i would say the Hasegawa. For more options for showing engine and MG131 bay straight from the box then the Revell has it. The only real bug bare i've had with the Revell was the totally rubbish moulded seatbelts.