New, Incredible, Beautiful Tamiya Release Coming Soon; Anyone Know What it is?

ringleheim

I like this release, I have been interested in a nice McLaren.  There is a shot on line of the engine parts tree and it is amazing.  This kit is simply what Tamiya does they are diverse, you never know what you are going to get.   I still would have preferred a new 1/32, but it is a great subject and will be an outstanding kit.  It is also part of the Tamiya path to a new LSP.  As long as they are consistently releasing great plastic kits we have a shot at getting a all new super kit eventually.

So being interested in this kit, I immediately watched Andy’s video on youtube as soon as my lunch break started.  There is one highlight in the video that some of you will be interested in.  The kit instructions for the car main colors calls to Tamiya’s new lacquer paint which we have been awaiting in the US for at least two years.  Well Andy had two jars of paint to paint the car of the new lacquer line.  That makes me think he is starting to get the paint in.  I am interested in this as I think their sprays are about the best and I have used them now and then over the years so I am happy to be able to get those colors and more in a jar as many of us decant the sprays anyway.

Edited by cbk57

Was hoping for a W11 Merc, but the Senna is definitely an exciting prospect.  Now to try to find if there's been one in naked carbon fibre...

And Andy, the Senna isn't a supercar.  That thing's deep in hypercar territory, it would munch a normal supercar without even a burp.

Matt 

Edited by scvrobeson
Just because

2 hours ago, markiii said:

Tamiya USA is listing the LP series paints as coming soon.

Hopefully soon means now.  I have been wanting these as an option for a long time.  

On another note, Tamiya is changing with the Covid times, so we have seen them trickle out their announcements this year, especially in the last 6 months vs waiting for the big shows.  Before you know it Nuremberg, or when it would have been is going to be here.  So here is to hoping for news of some interesting releases trickling out early next year.  Do we get an LSP, who knows, but we can expect Tamiya to announce its kits more through venues like Andy over the winter and spring.  

19 hours ago, markiii said:

Tamiya USA is listing the LP series paints as coming soon.

Interesting, they've been available in Canada for at least a full year, if not two. They are definitely very nice paints to use. 

Doe that mean their primer in jars isn't available either?

15 minutes ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Interesting, they've been available in Canada for at least a full year, if not two. They are definitely very nice paints to use. 

Doe that mean their primer in jars isn't available either?

The primers have been available for years.

Don't know why it's taking so long for the LP colors.