New, Incredible, Beautiful Tamiya Release Coming Soon; Anyone Know What it is?

ringleheim

If it's an upscale of a 1/48 model, that puts the Messerschmitt 109G and P-38H or G Lightening front and centre of the possibilities, as in the last two years, Tamiya have released highly acclaimed 1/48 models of each.  I'd have both in a heart beat.

Cheers,

Michael

15 hours ago, John1 said:

Actually, I do. I started my Mosquito last winter and am currently about 90% completed.  Best money I ever spent on a kit, worth every penny.  

That’s the way I look at my modelling money, I break it down into dollars per hour and it’s the cheapest hobby I’ve ever had!

edit - if I was a betting man I’d put money on the exciting new Tamiya kit being a 1/48th Whitman Tiger

Edited by Smokeyforgothispassword

2 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

If it's an upscale of a 1/48 model, that puts the Messerschmitt 109G and P-38H or G Lightening front and centre of the possibilities, as in the last two years, Tamiya have released highly acclaimed 1/48 models of each.  I'd have both in a heart beat.

Cheers,

Michael

Not forgetting the Spitfire Mk I: I'd have that and the P-38 for sure, and may even be tempted by the 109.

On 11/24/2020 at 6:52 AM, BarryWilliams said:

OK I accept that some people love to knock poor fitting or inaccurate kits into shape, thats fine too, all to their own.

Not when there's literally a tamiya quality kit availiable :D

Come on boys, only 5 pages worth? Speculate away!:D

I think it will be obvious whatever the new kit is.  Something that is highly desired with in it's subject matter area and scale.  I keep combing the net, there is not a clue out there that I can find.

On 11/21/2020 at 12:36 PM, alaninaustria said:

All I can say is that it is already available in 1/48scale!

Are you speculating or do you have actual knowledge of the product and is the existing 1/48 product a Tamiya product as well?  If it's the latter and a Tamiya kit, that kind of narrows it down to an aircraft or an armored vehicle.

Rats, still on page 5.

Edited by Juggernut

1 hour ago, Juggernut said:

Are you speculating or do you have actual knowledge of the product and is the existing 1/48 product a Tamiya product as well?  If it's the latter and a Tamiya kit, that kind of narrows it down to an aircraft or an armored vehicle.

Rats, still on page 5.

I think the general notion is that all of the 1:32 stuff so far has already been done by them in 1:48 scale, that's all.

On 11/21/2020 at 12:36 PM, alaninaustria said:

All I can say is that it is already available in 1/48scale!

So you have first-hand knowledge of this upcoming kit?    If so, can you at least share with the class whether or not the upcoming kit is an aircraft or armor?