New, Incredible, Beautiful Tamiya Release Coming Soon; Anyone Know What it is?

ringleheim

In a recent "new products" video, Andy from Andy's Hobby Headquarters mentioned that he has learned of an incredible, new, beautiful Tamiya kit that "caught me totally off guard."

He promised Tamiya he wouldn't mention it until they gave him the green light to do so; apparently we'll find out soon what it is.

I spent a good hour wandering around the web last night looking for hints, clues, or discussion on this kit, and found NOTHING.

Anyone have any guesses?

I think there is a shot that it's another new 1/32 aircraft kit, but then it could be lots of other things too.  

Andy mentions the secret new Tamiya kit at the beginning and end of this video.

Oh great, let’s start another multi page Tamiya wishlist thread.  It’s been what, a couple of weeks since we had the last one?  Nothing at all indicating that it’s even an aircraft, much less 1/32 scale, but why let that stop anyone.  Let’s start the rampant uninformed speculation!

It will be a 1/32 F-86 Sabre in a special Godzilla tribute boxing.

5 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Oh great, let’s start another multi page Tamiya wishlist thread.  It’s been what, a couple of weeks since we had the last one?  Nothing at all indicating that it’s even an aircraft, much less 1/32 scale, but why let that stop anyone.  Let’s start the rampant uninformed speculation!

It will be a 1/32 F-86 Sabre in a special Godzilla tribute boxing.

This is an actual kit that we'll probably know about in a few weeks.

I'm asking if anyone knows something about this release specifically.

Not a wish list thread.

Believe it or not, but you are free to not participate in threads you personally don't like! 

It's incredible isn't it?

The car guys on f1 modeling site are hoping for automotive.  My bet is it is not armor as they have just been dropping 1/35 armor with no build up.  So I don:t see armor meriting a teaser.  Big ship kit 1/350, maybe, big plane maybe, big car maybe.  My fear though is Andy is teasing a kit rerelease which was announced some time ago but will be out shortly which is the classic 1/12 Porsche 935.  The first kits are just starting to come in of that one and Andy is likely to be getting a few.  But this is not a new kit in any regard that I can tell.  Now I have wanted one for many years and they tend to be really expensive so I may finally pick one up.  However, this could be what he is teasing.  I think it is worst case scenario from my stand point.  As I love big new Tamiya releases.  I don’t always buy them but that does not mean I am not interested.  

Ive been sworn to secracy, but I just can't hold thr secret in any longer Finally, guys, we're FINALLY going to get a large scale Parnell Prawn!

7703L-1.jpg

As soon as i heard the news, I just KNEW you guys would clamber over eachother to get your hands on as many copies each as you could!

:lol: