"Sugar's Blues" Late War RCAF Lancaster

Uncarina

I'm tempted to say those roundels are in the process of a re-paint. They are terribly bleached.

The one on the port wing is curved, like somebody is mid-way through the job whereas the star. one is straight . . . that erk has got that little bit further . . . 

I once painted the roundels on one of my models with bleached roundels after realizing that SOME aircraft could live on the squadron for months ie arrive in spring and through to winter, the sunlight doing the damage  . . .

Dambuster-082.jpg

Model of the 1953 'Dambuster' aircraft

Edited by Bomber Command nut

“As we climbed in the circuit the sun was pale above the horizon, throwing long shadows across the landscape of East Anglia. At 10,000 ft we joined the stream on its first leg, flying eastward and out of the golden light. A few minutes later we crossed the coast, with Cromer looking serene and at rest. I said a quiet farewell to my beloved England. Those same feelings would have filled the hearts of Geoff and Norrie, watching from their turrets. With luck P-Peter would bring us home in five and a half hours. Cromer would be in darkness, its people asleep in their beds. But, first there was Bremen.”

— Luck and a Lancaster: Chance and Survival in World War II (Airlife Classics) by Harry Yates

https://a.co/iKe4aJo

Just a small update: I finished modifying the cowling and engines, and installed the scratchbuild radiators. First, a reference photo:

nsB5gnA.jpg

Then the radiators before installing:

wtZmNft.jpg

And after:

iy0J0x6.jpg

gV0uvci.jpg

I've primed the landing gear bays, and will get them painted at the next opportunity before installing in the wings. After that the wings "should" go rapidly together, then it's on to the rudders and elevators. Until next time!

Cheers,  Tom