Another 1/16 Jagdtiger

panzerrob

Hi all,

I would like to start a WIP of my Wecohe 1/16 Jagdtiger.

Wecohe produced high end 1/16 models for the RC market (Sturmtiger, Jagdtiger and Panther), unfortunately they ceased productions a few years ago.

Luckily I was able to buy the last remainig kits, although I am missing a few items.

Everything on this kit is true to scale, the hull has the correct length, and the white plates which make up the upper hull are all scale thickness.

This sounds nice, but is a real pain in the #ss, it takes time (and a sh*tload of white dust) to file/sand the correct angles so that all the plates fit into eachother.

I started with preparing the lower hull, only to find out that I missed 2 Torsion bar stays for the suspension. I ordered them in the UK, and am waiting for them to arrrive.

So I started with priming the Tamiya roadwheels, sprocket- and idlerwheels, schwingarms and 2 parts of the upper hull frontside:

poV9s57Qj

Next was the construction of the rear plate, and idlerwheel axle:

pmhfaLTCj

posYgFt0j

Followed by the basic construction of the upper hull:

poVEjUV1j

pn2akkU9j

Then I decided to attach also the front and right hull side, and started with weldinglines, made with 2 component putty:

poxao9I3j

po8sLqCaj

Then, while still waiting I started for the torsion bar stays, I started with the Gunbarrel travel lock:

pmH4WYodj

pmI3AStUj

I am pretty happy with the result, as the whole travel lock is fully functional!

I hope you find this start of my Jagdtiger build interesting, and stay tuned for more updates!

With regards,

Rob

Hi all,

Some progress:

po3vJBjhj

The torsion bar stays finally arrived from the UK, so I could install the torsion bars and swing arms.

Unfortunately I have lost (or it was missing from the start!) a torsion bar, luckily the swing arm stays in position more or less because the sprocket wheel blocks it.

And for a static model it isn't a big problem.

pmrZIhARj

Next was the rear hatch, made of 3D parts, white metal and photo-etch. Of course it is fully functional! It is now in the "closed" position.

pmNu13C8j

pnPLyy6jj

The locks are in the "open" position.

Hope you like it,

Rob

Edited by panzerrob
Hit the wrong button!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Another update of my Jagdtiger!

I attached the wheels and tracks, to check if everything is aligned, and it fits perfectly.

pmSQjJ0Pj

po7cdmmuj

After this test I removed the tracks and wheels as I don't want to Jagdtiger to roll of my workbench.

Then I started with detailing the front side.

pmajYhr9j

pnnKcr77j

The gun barrel is loosely fitted inside the gunmantle! Very noticable is the missing hull MG dome, if somebody has one lying around, or know where to find one, don't hesitate tolet me know!

Then the detailing of the rear deck was next.

pogrcBMtj

So far my update!

Have fun,

Rob

Edited by panzerrob

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

A small update, as I haven't done a lot on the Jagdtiger.

Most of the work went into the roof of the casemate, and applied structure to the roofplate by means of glue and a stiff paintbrush.

The crew arrived, and small adjustments had to be made to fit them in the Jagdtiger.

I am not sure about the color of the jackets they wear, I wanted to paint them green, but online I see only white.

pn2hzwVqj

pnj1gITYj

pokQ9nZIj

I hope you like it!

Rob

So, the final work on 2020 on the Jagdtiger,

I painted the faces of the crew with oil paint, it's not my best work, but definitive not my worst, so I'm happy:

pnGiJmGVj

pm8zNriGj

Then it was on to the fenders:

poogigFtj

pmoWzSHbj

In the mean while I have ordered 3 Tamiya sprues, so in the next year I'll start with finishing the top of the casemate and the rear plate.

Have a Happy and Covid free 2021,

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

A little progress on the Jagdtiger.

The front and rear mudguards are fixed in position, the side mudguards are temporarily fixed, they need a little bit of extra work.

The hull and wheels are airbrushed in the Sandyellow basecoat.

I am not happy with the Tamiya tracks, as they are not closed as you can see in photo 2.

Does some-one knows if the Trumpeter tracks will fit the Tamiya sprocket wheels?

With regards,

Rob

pn9WAs9aj

poaocw3Ijpo9eWz7Zj

33 minutes ago, josebagasteiz said:

It is already taking shape and I like it more and more. A greeting

I absolutely love the Jagdtiger, it's my all-time favorite WWII vehicle. I'll probably soon be looking into grabbing a couple of new 1:35 kits, in fact.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Not so much progress on the Jagdtiger, but more on the Fallschirmjager who will ride on the reardeck.

They took me more than 2 weeks to paint, and at the moment I am fed up with figure painting. :D

Now the oilpaint on the faces and hands need to dry, this will take a few days.

Than I can paint the eyes, do a few touch-ups and airbrush a matt coat all over them.

(the head of the sitting figure with the eye pupils is painted by my wife)

I attached the driver in his position/hatch, (no photo) now I can proceed with the gunmantle and barrel.

poFyLEzEj

pmqcNChhj

poeqJwBij

With regards,

Rob

I can't paint figures worth a darn, so my rather shameful way of dealing with them, is to basically just avoid them when at all possible. I do have a friend though, that is a multi-time award winner for his figures, who has agreed to paint some for me, to go along with some aircraft and armor projects in the not too distant future.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Most work has done now!

Only the tools and their clamps need to be attached. The tools are Tamiya tools and will receive 3D printed clamps from shapeways.

These will be attached after the camouflage is applied.

This is the story so far:

pnvLUHRFj

pmj0jbFaj

poOza2CRj

poMYeiexj

I hope you like it!

With regrads,

Rob