Fisher or not to Fisher

Oldbaldguy

Between his cars and planes I think I have about 30 of his kits with several duplicates.  If my memory isn't failing, I would say I was a customer of his for over 20 years.  I can even tell you when certain kits were made by the resin he used.  All of mine will more than likely be built if I live long enough and there is still the F9F-8B on my workbench begging for me to get back to it now that I have some time.  

As far as him coming back, I highly doubt he will ever go back into business himself.  He has said he may do some patterns for others, but right now he is in a huge fight as Jennings said.  The settlement from PG&E is not very favorable and leaves little options.  The city of Paradise is also not playing nice with those needing to live in temporary housing on their property.  At the rate things are going, it may be well into 2022 before he has a house again.

The last few kits on eBay have been astronomical commanding even the $400 range for conversions...  The Guppy was unfortunately the only thing I did not get that I wanted as it was on order when the tragedy struck.

I have none of his stuff, so I'm somewhat neutral here, though I'm of the mind to build, keep or sell them, as I don't see any option as being really required. I have many Tamiya and Hasegawa kits here, and have no issue with selling them off, if that is what I desire, as I feel obliged to build none of them.

I'd say built them or sell them to someone who will build them.

In the end, as most said, they deserve to be built, out of respect for Paul's dedication to our hobby.

In any case they should not stay in a stash that one day may be lost for whatever reason (natural disaster, untimely death without knowing what people will do with your stash as they have no idea of its value, etc)

No doubt they should be built!

I have a number of conversions to build and in time I intend to do it too!

They're just too good not to show off to others and they are a fantastic tribute to Paul's skills.

The only problem for me is what to do first, but please get them built as you can't take them with you....right? 

I've got an F9F-5 Panther, and the FB. 11 and T. Mk 20 Sea Furies, all unbuilt. Really wish I'd picked up an RB-51 Mustang. There's an F9F-8 Cougar on eBay, but it's badly warped in the fuselage and a wing. Seller claims it can be straightened out with hot water, but I have no idea if that's true. Anyone ever done it? I'm trying to get as many of the Blue Angels aircraft in 1/32 as I can find, and that would fill a gap, but $170 plus shipping is a lot if it's scrap.

Well, okay!  Survey sez:  Build ‘em!  Seems like pretty much everybody here has at least one Fisher kit but l don’t see many (any?) in WIP or RFI.  Maybe I missed them, being relatively new to the site.  Has there ever been a Fisher group build on LSP?

1 hour ago, F2G_lover said:

I've got an F9F-5 Panther, and the FB. 11 and T. Mk 20 Sea Furies, all unbuilt. Really wish I'd picked up an RB-51 Mustang. There's an F9F-8 Cougar on eBay, but it's badly warped in the fuselage and a wing. Seller claims it can be straightened out with hot water, but I have no idea if that's true. Anyone ever done it? I'm trying to get as many of the Blue Angels aircraft in 1/32 as I can find, and that would fill a gap, but $170 plus shipping is a lot if it's scrap.

This is fully true. Many years ago I contacted Paul Fisher as I had such a problem with a Cougar kit. He just told me to use hot water and twenty minutes later this was solved !

2 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

This is fully true. Many years ago I contacted Paul Fisher as I had such a problem with a Cougar kit. He just told me to use hot water and twenty minutes later this was solved !

That is good news, I may have to throw in a bid now.

Another vote here to build.  The main reason I've not started my Hunter T7 is that I can't decide on a colour scheme.  74 Sqn with yellow T-bands, a 70s grey aircraft with lots of dayglo, a red/white/grey example from 16 Sqn, or a camouflaged 45 Sqn one. 

33 minutes ago, MikeC said:

Another vote here to build.  The main reason I've not started my Hunter T7 is that I can't decide on a colour scheme.  74 Sqn with yellow T-bands, a 70s grey aircraft with lots of dayglo, a red/white/grey example from 16 Sqn, or a camouflaged 45 Sqn one. 

Oh come along Michael, procrastination really doesn't suit you, you know!!