Fisher or not to Fisher

Oldbaldguy

Is anyone out there building Paul Fisher’s kits or does the current wisdom say we should hang on to them untouched while they grow in value?  I’m lucky enough to have three - one built, two still in the box - and am curious.  I can see merit in both sides of the argument.

Build. They are gorgeous kits and i wish I'd had the opportunity to buy one of his skyraider conversions.

I see it as being a kind of slap in the face to Paul to not build his labors of love as they were intended. He didn't go to the effort of making such high quality products, for them to just gather dust, unbuilt on the shelf. 

Its a bleak way to look at it, but now Im just waiting until all those holding on to them for "investments sake" succumb to old age and their kits are all inevitably sold off by uninterested family members. 

I'd agree they deserve to be built. Paul made them with exceptional fit, and it wouldn't be right to let them languish in the stash for eternity.

I've got a lot of Paul's kits kits including a T8M conversation, Sea Fury, Ryan STM, 100P, one of Paul's rare Biplane kits and one of his Red Baron P-51s. Eventually, I'll build every one. Especially now that Paul is out of the game.....it would just feel wrong not to build them.

Get them built; it's model kits we are talking about here not Amazon share certificates. With an ever ageing and diminishing core of enthusiasts who are willing to pay well over the odds for kits (and) as we enter economically uncertain times, who knows if you will make much of a return if you hang onto them for any length of time.

If you sold and made, say, a $3-400 premium on what you see as an 'investment' on each kit next week, is that really going to 'change' or impact upon your life in any significant or noticeable way that you start looking at new houses or visit the nearest Bentley car showroom..?

Gary

3 minutes ago, John1 said:

Whilst on the subject, any idea if Paul will be back up and running anytime soon?   I’d love to get his A-1E conversion.  

Paul has indicated to a few behind the scenes that it seems he will not be re-starting his business. That is how I gather it right now at least.   Im on the same boat though, Id love, LOVE to see Paul return to business.