So here I am sitting in my model room with my Fisher Hunter T7 on the bench in front of me:

OKUOHg.jpg

and I hear a jet fly over......this is quite an unusual occurrence because our skies are normally quiet except for helicopters from RNAS Yeovilton.  So I check my PlaneFinder app (yes, I'm a nerd :P) to see this:

ubrbmK.jpg

UO3LcS.jpg

OplDqN.jpg

Vcypty.jpg

the blue dot being where I live.  A Hunter T7.....really!!!  But IF ONLY the cloud base hadn't been at about 1000'......I heard it doing circuits for half an hour, so tantalisingly close and yet, so far.  Did a bit of googling:

G8tJiX.png

PItfqD.png

gyl2k8.png

Maybe tomorrow, when the sun is out.....:coolio:

Edited by mozart

Yep, real bummer Andy! But she seems to be based at Yeovilton at the moment so there’s quite a good chance of seeing her. Forecast is good for tomorrow and I’ll be out in the garden so I’ll keep a lookout, or, um, ear out? :shrug:

Max

I know what you mean I'm on the coast a couple of miles south of RAF Donna Nook (ranges) the amount of traffic to be heard an not seen is so frustrating.

I thought about a glass roof on the workshop but as we are a listed building "bloody council"

Bob