Quinta Studio Vinyl “Decals”

Rick Griewski

8 minutes ago, dashotgun said:

i wish they made a kit for the  mig 29 a

They are coming, Quinta has many sets in development and already has the files for the set, so it’s just a matter of time. I’m making an effort to carry most of the 32 and 48 sets in my store. I have the SMT set on order and it should be in stock within a week, I also stocked up on most 1/32 sets, they have been really good sellers so far. 
https://www.hobbynutmodels.com/collections/3d-print-detail

1 minute ago, Darren Howie said:

Was incredibly impressed with the Quinta stuff i have so far.

Photos just dont do the 3D effect justice.

You will never go back to using etch again if this option is available.

Such an awesome product..

What I have noticed so far...the fit is superior to PE sets, since they have a little bit of flex, they conform beautifully. I have a feeling I’m going to be completing a lot of cockpits ahead the the actual build. 

I'm sorting through some old kits that have been completely buried in my stash, and stumbled across the old Accurate Miniatures Il-2. I immediately sought out whatever AM might still be available for it, and found that while Quinta does make a couple of sets, they're designed for the Tamiya kit, which is a two seater, so would probably, I assume, be incorrect for the single seater kit I have in either case.

7 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I'm sorting through some old kits that have been completely buried in my stash, and stumbled across the old Accurate Miniatures Il-2. I immediately sought out whatever AM might still be available for it, and found that while Quinta does make a couple of sets, they're designed for the Tamiya kit, which is a two seater, so would probably, I assume, be incorrect for the single seater kit I have in either case.

Quinta does separate sets for the AM and Tamiya IL-2M's, as well as a set for the Zvezda single seat IL-2.

Accurate Miniatures

Tamiya

Zvezda

12 minutes ago, coogrfan said:

Quinta does separate sets for the AM and Tamiya IL-2M's, as well as a set for the Zvezda single seat IL-2.

Accurate Miniatures

Tamiya

Zvezda

Yes, I saw that, but also saw it as somewhat confusing, as they depict a two seater, but the bits look like they're only for the single seater? Assuming it is for the single seater, which I now believe it is, I'll throw it on my Sprue Bros list.

I do have to say that they seem pretty expensive, especially for a 1/32 twin seater jet, where the sets run $50-$60 dollars.  In many cases, that’s approaching half the price of the kit itself.  I know you can say an Aires cockpit would cost as much, but there you’re getting a complete cockpit, not just IP and console decals.

7 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I do have to say that they seem pretty expensive, especially for a 1/32 twin seater jet, where the sets run $50-$60 dollars.  In many cases, that’s approaching half the price of the kit itself.  I know you can say an Aires cockpit would cost as much, but there you’re getting a complete cockpit, not just IP and console decals.

Dave,

I cant argue that, the sets are a bit expensive for two seat sets, however, you are getting every single switch and panel pre-painted, there is no sanding and grinding resin, and there are only the top 1% of model builders that can produce a cockpit that rivals these. For average modelers like me, I can produce a cockpit that is 300% better than what I did before. 

If you really do the math, the Eduard PE set for the Mirage 2000N is $26.95 USD, it does not include seat belts, they are 22.95 extra. If you get the BigEd set, that goes down to $44.95. 

33268.jpg 33269.jpg 

The Quinta Studios set is $55, you get IP, side panels, sidewalls, seatbelts, and seat pads. And everything is truly 3D. Yes, I know I am self promoting products I sell, but I was buying these when Quinta first started offering these for sale middle of last year, I specifically sought out Alexandr at Quinta and just about begged to become a dealer for his products. So, I really am a believer that you get what you pay for. Specifically, for the Mirage 2000N, you pay a little more, but get a little more. Another little known benefit of these, items that can be seen from both sides like levers, actually are colored on both sides. Plus, you can find deals, I offer them in my store, I have a discount code listed, and that comes with free US shipping on Quinta (see my post under Hobbynut Models in the Vendors section). 

IMG_1201_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1611536525 

IMG_7952_248c710f-bd60-43f1-bae3-2f31f9f

1035_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1611536525

1052_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1611536525

1055_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1611536525

1189_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1611536525