Quinta Studio Vinyl “Decals”

Rick Griewski

On 11/19/2020 at 9:36 AM, Oldbaldguy said:

Ah, well.  Was just thinking out loud.  I respectfully withdraw the question, if that’s possible.  And for the record, I never used or implied the word “cheat.” 

No, that was me, but I never meant to imply that you (or anyone else) had said it.

2 hours ago, Juggernut said:

I have the  Quinta F-16C set for the Tamiya kit.  If you get super close to the product (visually), the detail starts to fall apart.  The further off you get, the better it looks.  At normal viewing distances, they look amazing!

I found that scenario to be the same with the Eduard “Look” IPanels.  I think what will like about these are all the painted  knobs, levers and instrument bezels.  The instrument displays may need additional help. 

For an old boy like me, who's admittedly not on real solid financial ground, I'm sometimes still perfectly willing to trade money for time. A $40 resin pit, painted up nice, is far better for me than spending countless hours adding all that detail myself, then painting, only to end up with a more or less comparable result. At other times, I'm willing to take whatever time is needed (a 1:16 Jagdtiger pops to mind) to get the model to where I want it to be, especially relevant where not much needed/desired AM is available to begin with.

21 minutes ago, Sabre F-86 said:

I ordered a panel for my Trump A-10 just to have a look at them. I'll post photos if it  ever makes it past Canada Post's black hole.

From Quinta, or Red Fox?  I knew that Red Fox Studio does a panel for the 1/32 A-10, but haven’t heard that Quinta Studio also did one.  I have the RFS one.  It looks just like in their pictures.

https://rfstudio.hu/termek/78

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 12:09 PM, Dave Williams said:

From Quinta, or Red Fox?  I knew that Red Fox Studio does a panel for the 1/32 A-10, but haven’t heard that Quinta Studio also did one.  I have the RFS one.  It looks just like in their pictures.

https://rfstudio.hu/termek/78

Trumpeter A-10

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

:hmmm:

I'm undecided on these accessories. Perhaps seeing a set in the flesh would convince me one way or another.

I wonder if they take paint and washes well? It would be nice to be able to adjust the colours a bit in places. Some of the knobs and switches are bright when compared to the full sized items to my untrained eyes. Also, all the the panels are the same shade of black. There does n't seem to be any variance which gives the panels a bit of a toyish look.

Additionally, do the screens on real jets look as bright as they are depicted when they are powered down?

I probably appear critical which is not my intent. The 3D aspect is a big improvement over conventional etch and the panels do look nice and busy. It's just that they don't look absolutely "real" :D

If it is possible to change the brand new look of the parts then that would definitely be an advantage in my book. Adding a bit of wear and tear to them could help the overall realism factor for me. 

On 11/19/2020 at 1:06 AM, Rick Griewski said:

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2020/11/construction-review-qunita-studio.html?m=1

IIRC there was another thread about the same or similar product.  I apologize for duplicates. 

I for one am excited about these things.  I want for my jets: Harrier, F-15E, Sabre Jet,  Hawker Hunter, BAC Lightning, and the new Tornado.

That said I need to buy one set of course. I want to see the instrument dials up close. 

Rick

Wow! Thanks for this. I think we are living through a modelling Golden era. We're so lucky we're spoiled for choice.

I had no idea. 

Thanks.

• 1 month later...