1/32 Revell Me 262B-1/U1 Nachtjager

Thunnus

On 1/30/2021 at 11:27 PM, Kahunaminor said:

Nothing less than what we have come to expect from you John. A great build and stellar result, thank you.

Regards

Kent

Thank you Kent!  I appreciate the positive feedback!

On 1/31/2021 at 9:43 AM, F-4Phanwell said:

again a masterpiece John, well done

Thank you very much!

16 hours ago, mc65 said:

well, John,

I only discovered this discussion by chance a couple of days ago, and I was blown away.

aside from the gorgeous making of this building, you made the same kit, and machine (well, not so weird, at the end) but almost in the same days, and -reading your posts- in the very same mental shape to realize it!

ok, actually it's the other way around: you started it in novembre and closed it in January; I started in january and completed it in march, so it looks like I stalked your work, without knowing it at all!

I'm truly amazed and shocked. ca vais sans dire, if I had known about it, I would have tried to emulate your wonderful work, mine is a pale realization, in comparison.

now I'm a little scary about your next work, but neverthless be sure I'll follow it avidly!

regards, Paolo.

Thanks and welcome, Paolo!  I hope you enjoyed building the Revell kit as much as I did!  I'm glad you found this site.  There are a lot of talented builders here and LSP has been a very valuable resource for me, as well as a great community to learn and grow.  I'm currently building the Meng Me163B Komet, which you can find on this forum.

8 hours ago, alaninaustria said:

Beautiful work John! 

Very nicely done!

Cheers

Alan

Thank you Alan!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm starting a build of the Revel a1/a2 and came across this thread.  Great info, I went and bought the e-book too as it will definitely help with my build.  I wanted to share with John that after a lot of trial and error I found a better ways to make the cable terminals.

For the terminals with the larger gauge wires I tried the technique from the book and discovered a few ways to make it easier:    Don't cut the terminal off the strip of styrene until the end, this way you have a handle to hold on to.  Also, use a thinner strip and drill all the way through.  Push the wires through and you can add CA glue to the back side to give them extra holding power (mine kept falling out)  Once the glue is dry, cut the wires off, file/sand flush and glue on a very thin styrene strip on the back to cover the holes.  The wires are now in there really tight and you can bend them without fear of them popping out, and the joint on the front looks very crisp. You're limited to 4-5 large wires with this approach.

For terminals with lots of smaller gauge wires going into them, use a fine stranded wire and separate the individual strands.  This will give you a lot of very fine wires.  Instead of drilling holes in the strip styrene terminal, use a pointed scribing tool and carve a deep gouge in the strip, but not all the way through and not all the way across.   The wires will fit into the strip with CA glue to hold them in place, and since the wires are so fine there is not a lot of force going into the glue joint when you bend them, so they don't pop out either.   As a final step you can glue a very fine wire horizontally across the edge gouge where the wires are glued in that will simulate the appearance of a clamp on the terminal as well as providing more joint strength.  I can get about 8-10 wires on a terminal this way and it looks really nice.

If you like I can upload some pictures if the description isn't clear enough.

Thanks again for this thread and for the e-book!

Edited by Ebf2K
corrected some grammar