Hobbyboss Il-2 +. Great Patriotic War B.D. build for Samir.

mpk

Yesterday I began this Il-2 and Tamiya ISU-152 project for the loveablescamp, Samir. 

I will give a brief description of this lovable and exciting character. A man often refered to in Australia as agent 008.

Samir works in television, music, the ocean depths and remote caves. Yes, caves. Drummer extraordinare, womaniser, world traveller, world class scuba diver, gad-about town Samir is often found dodging angry husbands and even angrier bronze whaler sharks!

It is said that during the Rugby World Cup, Samir drank St Petersburg dry. Samir of course said it was all the Aussies, not just him. But nobody believes him.

As you may have gathered, Samir enjoys the thrills of a life lived on the edge. Samir is also my dear friend and student. I want to show him my appreciation and respect with this combined build.

Samir just happens to be Russian. A country and people loved and embraced by so many in the West these days. As well it should be.

(Samir they told me to say that, or I'd be taken out. Taken out, like yesterdays cabbage!)

Without further ado...

VgFzRZ.jpg

Lovely surface detail.

cdQtp2.jpg

0SxwSt.jpg

ENmRsX.jpg

i6lQDd.jpg

cXQJfA.jpg

5aVvDr.jpg

A1jUCm.jpg

9N3yUe.jpg

zsL7oN.jpg

The aircraft I will build.

0ff1Wc.jpg

Work began on the ISU-152 yesterday.

ELHj6d.jpg

8jTBYS.jpg

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

WWII.   Well, from the Soviet side at least, June 1941 to May of 1945.

There is World War II - it began on September 1. The Soviet Union entered the war on 17 September. Everything else is tales of communist "historians".

P.S. I'm sorry for the off-top

1 minute ago, Hartmann52 said:

There is World War II - it began on September 1. The Soviet Union entered the war on 17 September. Everything else is tales of communist "historians".

P.S. I'm sorry for the off-top

I guess it all depends on perspective........

For us it was Dec 41 through May 1945

On 11/18/2020 at 7:52 AM, Hartmann52 said:

P.S. I'm sorry for the 

No worries. 

Edited by mpk

3 hours ago, nmayhew said:

back to the plane... i seem to remember some of that rivet detail should not be there since it was wood not metal?

look up Learstang here on LSP for his builds / posts on this aircraft

i may be wrong of course!

Not wrong, here is Learstang's build

The aft fuselage is discussed in the thread but the salient bit is "All versions, with the exception of around 200 early single-seaters, had the wooden rear fuselage"

Cheers

Dennis

On 11/20/2020 at 4:23 AM, dennismcc said:

Not wrong, here is Learstang's build

The aft fuselage is discussed in the thread but the salient bit is "All versions, with the exception of around 200 early single-seaters, had the wooden rear fuselage"

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis.