1:32 Boeing P-8A Poseidon?

Iain

14 hours ago, brahman104 said:

not sure if it's been asked, but what are you going to use for windows?

Hi Craig,

For the flat sections around the cockpit I'll be using some 1.5mm HIPS sheet - I've trialed this with my Andover build with excellent results.

Add to that the trick of 'edging' the clear part with a permanent marker that I've been using for years to make neat edges, as well as create the impression of thinner 'glass'.

Andover:

48b427_93ad6c095c57482a865fb3dc344e0216~

48b427_11a229d3617d4844bf7fbccc3fc6601a~

48b427_2506d54c269c4282907f0efeb6e5d4e9~

The fuselage windows I'm going to probably use 0.25mm UV Stabilised PETG sheet set into frames - or I may try forming the HIPS sheet to the curve...

Iain

On 4/24/2022 at 3:09 AM, KiwiZac said:

It's amazing how different it looks under primer. WOW!

Yes - a *lot* better - and a big step forward in the project.

Will be taking a break for a week, or two, on this one now whilst I finish some of the other, and smaller, projects.

And psych myself up to thin the trailing edges...

Iain

36 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Funny... Up to the last picture I had never realized the P-8 wings had such a short chord!:blink:

Indeed Thierry!

I guess the effect is magnified with those extended tips - combined with the lengthened fuselage of the 800 series airframe...

Bear in mind there will probably be some 'tweaks' to the planform on the model as I work on the wings.

From sldinfo.com:

180412-N-CE233-315.jpg

"An Australian KC-30A Multi Role Tanker Transport (MRTT) from 33SQN, operated by the Aircraft Research and Development Unit, conducts aerial refuelling compatibility flight testing over the Atlantic Ocean with a United States Navy P-8A Poseidon from Air Test and Evaluation Squadron Two Zero."

Iain

• 3 weeks later...

Put to one side just now Maru - whilst I actually *finish* some of my smaller projects that have sat languishing for far too long... :deadhorse:

Will get back to it soon though, if only as I play with designing some of the parts in CAD.

Iain