The large-scale-bug. Bitten.

Gazzas

8 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Some funny replies :DIMO It depends on the a/c. 48 scale feels like 72 did as a kid. 32 scale is more museum scale and impressive to me. Personally I rarely build a kit with over 40cm wingspan due to space issues. 

I know what you mean about large wing span.  I am planning to build two display cases for my twin engine models.  Along with this comes serious negotiations with my wife for space next to her studio.  My angle is that my models are art and will look great displayed near her paintings. ^_^

I have a decent amount of both 1/48 and 1/32. I do tend to follow this pattern. 

WWII single prop(1/32 and 1/24)

Jets and twins 1/48

Im actually building a Hasegawa tomcat at the moment. And i just finished a 1/32 TBM-3

I have 2 1/32 jets but ive been to scared todo them. They are su huge and take so much space im putting the bar on perfection really hight

11 hours ago, europapete said:

Only 8 WNW's Gaz???? Real men have 42. Regards,Pete in RI

Well...  I didn't want any of the mammoth kits.  I have 1 Pfalz D.III.  2 Albatros.  1 Fokker D.VII.  (And one of each already built) and four two-seaters.  I really don't need much more than that as I don't have much room, or a desire to have many variations on the same kit.  Oh, I forgot the two Meng Dr.I 

And the rest of the single seaters I don't have...  I don't want. 

I was really hoping for more early war fighters from WNW...  but it wasn't to be.

7 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Well...  I didn't want any of the mammoth kits.  I have 1 Pfalz D.III.  2 Albatros.  1 Fokker D.VII.  (And one of each already built) and four two-seaters.  I really don't need much more than that as I don't have much room, or a desire to have many variations on the same kit.  Oh, I forgot the two Meng Dr.I 

And the rest of the single seaters I don't have...  I don't want. 

I was really hoping for more early war fighters from WNW...  but it wasn't to be.

Where is your imagination man?! The English pushers, the Taube, the HBs, the Roland, the AEG... --all the offbeat and all the early contraptions? That's what I loved about WNW, the quirkiness. 

Those you listed were the last WNW kits I came round to getting, just before the fall. They're the 109s and P51s of WW1 and it took me a long time to warm up to them, but luckily I was persistent :rolleyes: and found some great schemes for them that won me over. 

Oh and as for scale, 1:32 is perfect for WW1 and WW2 fighters, but 1:48 better suits most bombers and multi-engined planes, and a few modern jets like the Su27 which are just too massive to display in 32.

Easy rule of thumb: when the plane becomes bigger than the table it will be displayed on, it's time to drop the scale a notch. 

Hhmmm........I may need to consider that. 1/32 Felixstowe, Gotha Giv, G1, UWD, AEG, 1/200 HMS Hood, 1/72 Flower Class, Gato, Great Lakes Ore carrier with hull extensions ( a commission build, but it still has to sit SOMEWHERE!! LOL)  good job the old bench is 8' long. 

Edited by europapete
spelling