The large-scale-bug. Bitten.

Gazzas

It's finally happened...  I finally have enough LSP's in my stash to drive me to get rid of some of my 1/48 single engined fighters.  I still have a few of the little ones to do...  Foiling projects, and a Gaspatch HS 123....  but I just find myself liking the opportunities that come with a larger model.  I still have some twins in 1/48...  but I don't see myself ever getting having enough space to put anything bigger.

I'm taking the little ones to a club meet today to see them off.

2 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

... and how many is enough Gary ???

I'm still having trouble figgering that one out 

azOGqRE.jpg

Well...  it's not really a number...  more a state.  For instance, If I want to build an FW-190...  I now have two.  If I want to build a 109...  I now have three.  I have a Razorback in 1/48 marked as a foiling project.  But if there were a bad-ass razorback out there in 1/32...  I could get rid of that one, too.   The other is a Tamiya MiG 15bis.  But I ain't considering the Trumpy offering as an acceptable replacement.  And I have two Roden Albatrosen and 8 WNW kits. 

11 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

Well...  it's not really a number...  more a state.  For instance, If I want to build an FW-190...  I now have two.  If I want to build a 109...  I now have three.  I have a Razorback in 1/48 marked as a foiling project.  But if there were a bad-ass razorback out there in 1/32...  I could get rid of that one, too.   The other is a Tamiya MiG 15bis.  But I ain't considering the Trumpy offering as an acceptable replacement.  And I have two Roden Albatrosen and 8 WNW kits. 

I remember I started off like that..........................er... and then some extra kits later.... :whistle:

I remember 10 years ago I was happy doing 1/72. Then I bought a 48th kit and I though it was a massive turning point for me. Then one day 2 F-15s’ flew over Boscombe Down(where I worked) and they were looking for Stonehenge. This was my first glimpse at an E model (for 10seconds) and I had to build one. My research found the Tamiya kit and my wife bought me one for Christmas; this was my first. Ever since; bar 3 x 1/48 builds, 2 of those being commissions I have exclusively build 1/32. I just find them more rewarding to build for me. I do look at others builds and they can be great but after those commissions builds which I didn’t enjoy, my future is set.

I blame the Americans for getting me into 1/32:lol:

The concept that 1/32 is better for fingers and eyes is a complete load of fake news.

I have fitted smaller details and peered closer into a 1/32 cockpit than I ever do with 1/72 or even 1/48. 

My approach to scale is - ooooh that looks like a nice kit, I'll have that. I usually register the scale after I get it home to fondle the plastic.

12 minutes ago, DonH said:

The concept that 1/32 is better for fingers and eyes is a complete load of fake news.

I have fitted smaller details and peered closer into a 1/32 cockpit than I ever do with 1/72 or even 1/48. 

My approach to scale is - ooooh that looks like a nice kit, I'll have that. I usually register the scale after I get it home to fondle the plastic.

My main reason is opportunities to improve the basic kit.   I'm not prone to go crazy with AM in the cockpit, and I'm happy enough to only use enough engine parts to hold the propeller in place...  But brake lines, metal barrels, and a nicely painted pit are things you barely notice in 1/48.