Hasegawa Ju87G Josef Blümel

Thomas Lund

Another one done.

Hasegawa's lovely Ju87G Stuka with Aires cockpit and HGW belts. Finished as 60 tank ace Josef Blümel... that is... I did not in ANY way want to do the Nazi Rudel so I went looking for something else. Not a lot of variation and not a lot of documentation. I found a color profile with a winter washed S7+BU but no pictures... so a but unusual for me I decided to go with the color profile alone - looked too cool...

Hope you like it

zv3GYcT.jpg

YQEsAyu.jpg

VkUj0oG.jpg

QaSvp2M.jpg

UqLSt9i.jpg

12 minutes ago, dodgem37 said:

I like the tarnation out of that.  What did you use as a Winter Wash and how did you apply it and wear it?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Tarnation ?

I use vallejo paint for everything. So regular 70/71/65 camo, gloss coat x 2, a little bit of hairspray on the inner wing and engine cowl where I expected the wear to be worst. Then white overall, thin coat, not too even. Then chip the hairbrush area  with a damp (not wet) stiff brush - carefully !! Finally i mixed 25% IPA with 75% vallejo thinner and used a rag and the stiff brush to wear the paint down with strokes in the airflow direction. Finally a oil dot wash/streaking

7 hours ago, fab said:

How did you corrected the pilote's canopy, to let it open?

Two issues with the pilots canopy - It didnt go back far enough, but there seemed to be a hint of a cutout in the top that looked like it was supposed to fit around the mast. From pictures I could see that if the canopy should go back that far, then the cutout needed to be... cut out. I did (actually had to be a little bigger than the hint to fit, but eventually it fit allright.

Second issue is that it does not fit that well over the next section, but a drop of superglue at the base of the mast (both places it is 'solid' canopy and a gentle press down, it was made to fit

Thanks everyone

On 11/16/2020 at 4:32 PM, Reuben L. Hernandez said:

Very nicely done, really like the winter camo. Question, how did the Aires cockpit fit? I have an Aires set, but I have read that these fight you all the way.

Many of my friends complain about Aires sets, but I never have any serious problems. I think that the difference is that they do 1/48 and I do 1/32. I imagine that the guys who do the masters for different kits work in their 'own' scale and as it happens the guys in 1/32 is just better than the guys in 48. My guess :-)

What is usually the big thing for me is to make the top  edge of the resin sidewalls match nicely to the kit side wall top. This one was less than perfect, but not too bad. Overall I really like the Aires resin cockpits