Gator Glue..No More....

Mark P

8 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

There appears to be multiple, similarly-named products that people seem to confuse when discussing this topic. The specific product we're discussing here is Gator's Grip, and looks like this:

Gators+Grip+Acrylic+Hobby+Glue-2.jpg

Whereas the one below is a different animal altogether, though I've never tried it, and can't comment on its efficacy:

GATOR-REVISED_03.png

Kev

The second one is useless for models.  It expands as it dries, to fill in and grab cracks.   Great for pottery or concrete but takes some time to set up.  I.e., it doesn't have any tack, initially.   But once it dries, it's strong as hell.

Just FYI. I emailed him yesterday to see if he was still sending out leftover stock or what. He is completely closed down and no longer filling orders. I guess you can get the glue from any retailers who have remaining stock, but the masks that he also sold on his website are no more. 

• 5 months later...

I purchased a bottle of "Gator's Grip" a few years ago and I think it had been sitting around in inventory for years.  It was unusually thick and not super usable.

I was disappointed with its sticking power and never really used much of it.   

What I got was not anything special or better than other Elmer's white glue types.

Speaking of which: I have a large bottle of Elmer's School Glue that I got for like 89 cents at a grocery store!  It works quite well for certain applications, though the bond is not very strong either.