Hobby Boss 1:16 Tiger I

LSP_K2

17 hours ago, Gazzas said:

That shovel looks more like a snow or coal shovel.  Not a dedicated digging tool.

Yea, I think the shape is all wrong, even though this is, generally, the style of shovel mounted there.

17 hours ago, panzerrob said:

Thanks for the links. Some of the Aber stuff is still readily available, while other items might take a bit of chasing.

12 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

The Tiger I carried a square point shovel on the glacis plate; I have no idea why.

Yep, it certainly did, but again, this shovel, which is intended to be used in that location, just looks wrong. I'll eventually do a side-by-side to see how far out of whack it actually is and if it can be used at all.

Cupola, again, looks quite OK, but is also missing any manner of casting marks, and more importantly, the very prominent weld beads around each periscope guard. There will also be no weld beads when MG ring is installed, so those will also need to be added.

ntYULT.jpg

1 hour ago, LSP_Ron said:

I just picked up this kit Kev,  I think I have you beat!

I've actually seen this in the flesh and thought it was real for most of my visit until I did some reading.

At first glance it looks OK, but they've obviously taken some shortcuts here and there.