Hawker Nimrod Mk.1 1:32 scale

LukGraph

On 11/27/2020 at 10:17 AM, Landrotten Highlander said:

Try to be a bit more patient.  I have had a number of packages from abroad since this COViD thing started, and one thing I have learned is that Royal Mail is less than meticulous with updating their tracking systems.

I can remember at least 3 off the top of my head where the parcel was delivered, yet when checking RM tracker it was still 'on its way from ... (fill in country of your choice).

Alternatively you can see if Lukgraph has any ability to get more pertinent information

I ordered from the  UK on the 7th Nov, and it arrived today 28 Nov.

I was concerned when it tracked to Langley HWDC (Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre) which can have a reputation as a bit of a black hole on the 27th. but no, it was delivered to me next day. I used the Polish postal tracking system number (ending in PL) and it updated fairly quickly when it flipped to the Royal Mail tracking page.

Edited by Chek

Unfortunately, postal items are not as well traced as courier items. I am sure that the slightly extended shipping time is the fault of the pandemic and simply the pre-holiday period. One thing is certain, you will get the model for sure, if by some reason you will not, I send another one or money to be returned - it will certainly be good, best regards.

2 hours ago, Iain said:

As well as the current pandemic situation, I suspect there may be delays at UK customs as we approach the end of the transition period.

Iain

That’s one possibility that I hadn’t considered Iain, yet other orders are getting delivered, Chek and Chris that we know of. Bugger! 

3 hours ago, LukGraph said:

Unfortunately, postal items are not as well traced as courier items. I am sure that the slightly extended shipping time is the fault of the pandemic and simply the pre-holiday period. One thing is certain, you will get the model for sure, if by some reason you will not, I send another one or money to be returned - it will certainly be good, best regards.

Thanks Lukasz, I’m sure all will be fine eventually. I’ll have to content myself with my Fury, nearly the same plane if not kit! 

2 hours ago, mozart said:

That’s one possibility that I hadn’t considered Iain, yet other orders are getting delivered, Chek and Chris that we know of. Bugger! 

Possibly due to different points of entry/or only a percentage being 'fully processed' as part of trials?

It's only a thought/pure conjecture - I have no contacts in the customs service.

I also have a kit en route - but posted later than yours - and mine looks like it's left Poland.

Hopefully it gets processed through customs before Jan 1st - or there will probably be charges to pay.

Iain