Hawker Nimrod Mk.1 1:32 scale

LukGraph

The Hawker Nimrod Mk.1, 1:32 scale is ready and available in our online store: https://lukgraph.pl/

The set includes:
- Resin parts: fuselage, top, central and lower wings, horizontal and vertical tail wings.
All rest are 3D printed parts. Wings are reinforced by steel rod.
-3D printed parts (described below). Prints are secured in an additional box.
- Decals (screen printed) two of british painting schemes,
- Mask for Japanese export version, and british side belts.
- Color manual (16 pages)
- Photo-etched parts (over 50 elements)
- Copper rod (130 mm x 1,2 mm) as hook and stand element.
- Laser cutted cabine (mounted in PE frame) x 2
- Self-adhesive sticker cut as an instrument panel x 2
3D parts:
There are several innovations:
- grate-interior in one piece (it will save a lot of time searching for geometry and cleaning)
- main cooler also in 1 piece
- the exhaust pipe collector was originally supposed to be made of photo-etched sheets but in the end I made it 3D - it turned out very well.
- control panel integrated with the compass
When I was preparing 3D prints, I used the minimum number of supports to guarantee a printout, so you can cut all parts efficiently and without any problems.
Overall, there are almost 50 parts of direct components from 3D printing.
All the printed parts are described in detail in the model manual.
Special thanks to Mr. Glijn Van Driessche for help with this project, photos and and good advice.

913.jpg

914.jpg

915.jpg

923.jpg

926.jpg

924.jpg

921.jpg

922.jpg

More pictures in the online store: https://lukgraph.pl/
Edited by LukGraph
change photo

I’m so pleased to see that Lukgraph have the port side panelling correct below the cockpit area. Many drawings wrongly show the port and starboard sides the same, but No!, the port side metal panels don’t extend as far back. Well done! :clap2:My kit apparently left Poland a couple of days ago so delivery isn’t too far away. :D

Edited by mozart

1 hour ago, mozart said:

I’m so pleased to see that Lukgraph have the port side panelling correct below the cockpit area. Many drawings wrongly show the port and starboard sides the same, but No!, the port side metal panels don’t extend as far back. Well done! :clap2:My kit apparently left Poland a couple of days ago so delivery isn’t too far away. :D

I had very good help from my friend Glijn from Belgium. Very good photo documentation helped to get a better effect than the modeling plans themselves, which are sometimes wrong. Yes, your Nimrod left Poland a few days ago, you should get it in the coming week.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting worried about my Nimrod now. It’s 3 weeks since it was despatched and it’s “disappeared”. Polish tracking says it has left Poland, Royal Mail tracking says it’s still in Poland and I’ve no way of resolving it. Grrrr! 

4 minutes ago, mozart said:

Getting worried about my Nimrod now. It’s 3 weeks since it was despatched and it’s “disappeared”. Polish tracking says it has left Poland, Royal Mail tracking says it’s still in Poland and I’ve no way of resolving it. Grrrr! 

Try to be a bit more patient.  I have had a number of packages from abroad since this COViD thing started, and one thing I have learned is that Royal Mail is less than meticulous with updating their tracking systems.

I can remember at least 3 off the top of my head where the parcel was delivered, yet when checking RM tracker it was still 'on its way from ... (fill in country of your choice).

Alternatively you can see if Lukgraph has any ability to get more pertinent information

Thanks LH, sound advice.  I AM normally a patient person but this is beginning to test my patience because I feel so helpless......I was going to say impotent but that might be misinterpreted!  (At 72??? :unsure::rolleyes:)