Sukhoi Su-47 Berkut 1/32

Bekim

Looks very beautiful and really big! Last week I finished my Berkut in 1:72 scale with 3d printed FOD covers and D30 exhausts and Alps printed decals. It can't be compared to your magnificent project but still looks eye catching to me:

3376.jpg

3371.jpg

Maybe I have missed the point if you have already mentioned about it but I would like to ask how you will make the canopy and windshield? 3d printed with transparent resin or vacuum forming?

Serkan

Edited by Serkan Sen

I have printed the windshields and forward and rear canopies of A-12/A-12B Oxcart and Titanium Goose models both in 1:72 and 1:48 scales. They are not too bad indeed. I have tried three methods to make them as clear as possible:

1. Cure the parts after cleaning with IPA (cleaning process makes the clear parts foggy) and polish with Tamiya compounds

2. Same as (1) but apply clear cote lacquer after curing and sanding with  4000 to 12000 grits clothes

3. Deep the parts into clear resin and cure them slowly (similar to deep into Future/Floor process)

Method 2 gave me the best result. But of coarse the Blackbird window parts are considerably small compared to canopy and windshield frames.

Serkan

• 1 year later...

There is a post on BM suggesting this is going to become available as a kit? Is that correct... 

Such great progress too... been a while since I logged into here.