Another Trumpeter 1/16 Panther G Build - Steel Wheel - ONE MORE CORRECTION...DAMN TRACKS.

Juggernut

I haven't found many pictures of the Panther's instrument panel either, so it's a little left to free interpretation.

As for photos, to increase the depth of field (area in focus in front of and behind the subject of the photo) there are different methods. On a smartphone it is better to take the photo with the main wide-angle camera and then crop the image, you will lose resolution but to publish on the internet it will be enough. But if you take the photo with a reflex camera or another in which you can choose the shooting mode, do it in MANUAL mode. Close the diaphragm, the more you close it, the greater the depth of field will be. To compensate for light loss you will need to lengthen the exposure time and may need to hold the camera with a tripod. I hope it helps.

Thanks Jose, I appreciate the tips.  I do use a digital SLR camera (Nikon D3400 with a 58mm lens) so I'll try manual mode and see what I get.  Also, is your name Joseba or just Jose?  I worked with a guy at CAF USA who came from Spain and his name was Joseba...just wondering so I can call you by your correct name.

Edited by Juggernut

2 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

Gracias José, agradezco los consejos. Uso una cámara SLR digital (Nikon D3400 con lente de 58 mm), así que probaré el modo manual y veré qué obtengo.

If you have to lengthen the exposure time a lot, even if you hold the camera with a tripod, the photo may come out blurred just by pressing the shutter button. To avoid that, shoot with a delayed shot.

12 hours ago, Juggernut said:

[…]  I do use a digital SLR camera (Nikon D3400 with a 58mm lens) so I'll try manual mode and see what I get. […]

Hi Juggernut I’d also suggest to use a tripod, as  manual adjustment of aperture setting to more f11 will result in accordingly long exposure time (possibly 1-3 sec.). So delayed shot as recommended by José and good lighting are mandatory to get some nice pics.

best regards 

Nils

14 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Gracias José, agradezco los consejos. Uso una cámara SLR digital (Nikon D3400 con lente de 58 mm), así que probaré el modo manual y veré qué obtengo. Además, ¿tu nombre es Joseba o simplemente Jose? Trabajé con un chico en CAF USA que vino de España y se llamaba Joseba... solo me preguntaba para poder llamarte por tu nombre correcto.

The world is a handkerchief!!:o

I have worked a lot with CAF BEASAIN, the headquarters of this company in Beasain, Basque Country. I have supplied them with different parts and spare parts for the railway cars and locomotives that they build. What a coincidence!!

Jose and Joseba is the same. José is in Spanish and Joseba is in Euskera. These two languages are spoken in the Basque Country. So it's okay to address me both ways, don't worry about it.

5 hours ago, N.H.71 said:

Hi Juggernut, for headphone set check SOL MODELS MM341.

The set provides 5 head phones and throat mics.

Alternatively Aber 16011 provides German tank crew equipment including parts to create / detail two headphones and throat mics.

Regards Nils

Thanks for the reference, I'll definitely check these out.

I just ordered a set of these from Korea.  I MUCH prefer resin/3D printed parts to photo-etch so the choice was easy.  Now I need to find buckles for the radio wire bundle straps...Aber may be a good source for those....I'll have to do some research.  I still need to engineer those funky pannier ammo rack clasps.  I may have to design them in Fusion360 and then 3D print them.

Edited by Juggernut

3 hours ago, N.H.71 said:

Hi Juggernut I’d also suggest to use a tripod, as  manual adjustment of aperture setting to more f11 will result in accordingly long exposure time (possibly 1-3 sec.). So delayed shot as recommended by José and good lighting are mandatory to get some nice pics.

best regards 

Nils

I'm in luck, I have a very good tripod my wife bought me a couple years ago.  I'll try what both of you suggest the next time I've got the camera out.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, josebagasteiz said:

The world is a handkerchief!!:o

I have worked a lot with CAF BEASAIN, the headquarters of this company in Beasain, Basque Country. I have supplied them with different parts and spare parts for the railway cars and locomotives that they build. What a coincidence!!

Jose and Joseba is the same. José is in Spanish and Joseba is in Euskera. These two languages are spoken in the Basque Country. So it's okay to address me both ways, don't worry about it.

Indeed!  I worked with several people at CAF USA that came from Spain and I became  good friends with several of them.  One, though I cannot remember his name now (it's been several years), invited me to visit him on holiday.  He is from Basque Country.  He was telling me about a holiday festival there that involves sausages and from what I remember, beer.  I hope I'm remembering it correctly.  He sent me photographs of his home under construction but I cannot remember which town he lives in.  We were all electricans at the time. 

Edited by Juggernut