Another Trumpeter 1/16 Panther G Build - Steel Wheel - ONE MORE CORRECTION...DAMN TRACKS.

Juggernut

1 hour ago, Uncarina said:

Congratulations on finishing this Tim. For such an involved build I salute your perseverance! At the same time I see no shortcuts, and your build is exemplary. Well done!

Cheers,  Tom

Thanks a lot Tom, much appreciated.  There are a couple of mistakes here and there but nothing that I’d consider major.

Hola Tim. En primer lugar, los felicito por la culminación de este gran proyecto. Solo por eso te mereces todo el respeto.

En segundo lugar, les diré que la apariencia final del tanque es impresionante, ¡simplemente me encanta! Es uno de los Panther 1/16 más geniales que he visto. Su esquema de camuflaje más los efectos de suciedad y polvo contribuyen a ese aspecto que tanto me gusta.

He visto detalles admirables en su Panther, como la textura de acero en la cúpula del comandante, las líneas de soldadura, etc.

Pero tengo una duda, el cañón del arma principal, es el de plástico o el de aluminio torneado?

Espero que no tarde mucho en construir un nuevo modelo en 1/16. Para mí, la escala 1/35 muestra poco interés.

Saludos y felicidades de nuevo!!

:buen trabajo:

• 2 weeks later...

I was not happy with the way the tracks were sitting (they were much too loose/saggy), so I drilled out a track pin and removed a link from each side and reinstalled them.  Now I'm much happier with the "run".  When I took the photos,  the left and right sides were different but after inspecting the model, I discovered that on the right side track run, the drive sprocket wasn't fully engaging the track.  I corrected that minor problem and now both track runs are the same as shown in the top image below.  I didn't take an "after" photo just because it was already in the case and didn't feel like removing it from the case again.  Both runs were acceptable as contemporaneous photos show but not on the same vehicle.

My advice to anyone building this kit is to leave a few sets of track pins loose so you can adjust the track tension as needed.  You can't adjust the idler wheel so it has to be done with the tracks.

6ngF9i8.jpg

nZwVUjk.jpg

Edited by Juggernut

• Juggernut changed the title to Another Trumpeter 1/16 Panther G Build - Steel Wheel - ONE MORE CORRECTION...DAMN TRACKS.

Very cool, Panzers are not my primary interest, but this one, though a tough journey for you perhaps, was very interesting to follow from this side of the screen. It's also nice to see a lightly weathered tank rather than something that looks like it drove through a swamp and then left outside for 20 years. Nice work and congratulations on finishing the beast, it'll surely make an impression!

7 hours ago, jeroen_R90S said:

Very cool, Panzers are not my primary interest, but this one, though a tough journey for you perhaps, was very interesting to follow from this side of the screen. It's also nice to see a lightly weathered tank rather than something that looks like it drove through a swamp and then left outside for 20 years. Nice work and congratulations on finishing the beast, it'll surely make an impression!

Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated!