Another Trumpeter 1/16 Panther G Build - Steel Wheel - ONE MORE CORRECTION...DAMN TRACKS.

Juggernut

22 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

Thanks Kev, much appreciated.  There's still some more work to do but I'm relatively happy with the results I've been able to achieve so far.

That seems to happen to every model I paint; always some more work to do to get it the way I want.

21 hours ago, Juggernut said:

La pintura está puesta... pero mirando las fotos de cerca, necesito hacer algunos retoques aquí y allá, así como corregir un par de puntos que "mágicamente" aparecieron en el contenedor de almacenamiento izquierdo. :(  Bueno, está cada vez más cerca de estar terminado. El casco inferior es Tamiya XF-60 (armadura de color amarillo oscuro) en mi intento de crear una especie de gradación sombreada entre el casco inferior y el superior. El marrón rojizo también es Tamiya XF-9 Hull Red, mientras que los dos colores restantes son MiG AMMO dunkelgelb III y dunkelgrun de su juego de pintura Rye Field Models Panther. Todo el trabajo de pintura se pintó con aerógrafo a mano alzada, por lo que probablemente necesito regresar y retocar algunos puntos (como notarás en las fotos). Desde el rango de tres pies se ve bastante bien, pero de cerca... bueno, ya verás.

El patrón de camuflaje se basa libremente en fotos reales del tanque 221 de la 2.ª kompanie, 1.ª División Panzer SS durante la Ofensiva de las Ardenas en diciembre de 1944. No hay tomas de la parte superior del vehículo ni buenas tomas de la parte trasera del vehículo, así que acabo de usar los perfiles de color en el libro Panther: diseño externo y apariencia del Panther con ruedas de acero pintadas de fábrica para darme una especie de guía.

DjkB1jY.jpg

iJVknE7.jpg

t4JCvh2.jpg

umG8qYy.jpg

rchtf1d.jpg

UNbV9At.jpg

Xv0Y4Vn.jpg

6409esR.jpg

73rGEAT.jpg

BctgPvp.jpg

h3qCebs.jpg

M1l6bZg.jpg

I like the camouflage pattern you've chosen and I'm really glad to see how far along you are in the build. You make me jealous. I have slowed down a lot in the construction of mine due to several reasons, first the primer peeled off the spokes, I had to repaint them and secondly in the middle of summer there is less time for construction and more for the beach and the pool!!

23 hours ago, josebagasteiz said:

I like the camouflage pattern you've chosen and I'm really glad to see how far along you are in the build. You make me jealous. I have slowed down a lot in the construction of mine due to several reasons, first the primer peeled off the spokes, I had to repaint them and secondly in the middle of summer there is less time for construction and more for the beach and the pool!!

Thanks Jose,  I'm clawing my way through this with any free time available as I want this thing done and off my desk.  To be honest, I'm  completely tired of it and want it gone (as in - in the display case).  While it is Summer, I keep right up with the "to-do" list and we live in a recently built home so there's no a lot of maintenance to do on it right this moment.  I'm fortunate that I have time to dedicate to this tank but i gotta tell ya, it's really tough at times; I get one thing done on the tank and then something else pops up and needs to be added to the list...almost like this thing has a mind of it's own and doesn't want me to finish it.

On 18/7/2022 at 14:19, Juggernut said:

Gracias, José, me estoy abriendo camino a través de esto con cualquier tiempo libre disponible, ya que quiero que esto esté terminado y fuera de mi escritorio. Para ser honesto, estoy completamente cansado de eso y quiero que desaparezca (como en - en la vitrina). Si bien es verano, me mantengo al día con la lista de "cosas por hacer" y vivimos en una casa construida recientemente, por lo que no hay mucho mantenimiento que hacer en este momento. Tengo la suerte de tener tiempo para dedicarlo a este tanque, pero debo decirte que a veces es muy difícil; Hago una cosa en el tanque y luego aparece algo más que debe agregarse a la lista... casi como si esta cosa tuviera una mente propia y no quisiera que la terminara.

Ha ha ha, I know what you're saying but don't despair, it's all mental work. The faster there is, the more mistakes are made. I'm not in a hurry and I hardly spend a little time on the Panther on Sunday mornings before going out there. Still, I'd like to see it finished, especially since I own a Pazer III Aufs. J at 1/16 of Das Werk who wants me to get my hands on him. But I won't until the Panther is done. I know a Spanish modeler who has been building the 1/16 trumpeter King Tiger for 5 years. Of course, he is making a work of art with the King Tiger. Courage and patience that is the mother of all sciences!^_^

7 minutes ago, Uncarina said:

I’m on the road these days but just saw your paint work Tim. I think you nailed it! Very similar to what I have in mind and hope I can do as good a job.

Cheers,  Tom

Thanks Tom, much appreciated!  I've got it touched up, gloss coat on (Future) and decals (homemade except the two balkenkreuz) and I'm torn between putting down a flat coat and then weathering or starting the weathering over a gloss coat.  I've seen it done both ways and historically (for me) I've always waited until after a coat of flat has cured for a couple weeks.

• Juggernut changed the title to Another Trumpeter 1/16 Panther G Build - Steel Wheel - I'M CALLING THIS ONE DONE!

Here's a bunch of photos of the "pretty much finished" marathon tank build that's cured me of doing any more 1/16 tanks and any vehicles with interiors...done-dun-dun..LOL.  Enjoy the photos and as always, comments are welcome.  NOTE:  No further narrations of the photos...these are just photos.

pFjgdSH.jpg

8mLb8GH.jpg

mFErc08.jpg

dO5hGgr.jpg

Xi2aocN.jpg

qEezeEM.jpg

mKKxrJE.jpg

HjyElpp.jpg

E7oCd1Z.jpg

Pn5NmGj.jpg

q5jJrWN.jpg

E9K5Ox2.jpg

OHWU2pq.jpg

WEVl8k4.jpg

pqPgxXd.jpg

qorIi7C.jpg

CLr4THO.jpg

mWZe2Yw.jpg

rn1mPW8.jpg

v1a9eR0.jpg

aDM6iAM.jpg

AIqY80E.jpg

njkRxxf.jpg

mezlcF8.jpg

dOo7At5.jpg

O4kXlfK.jpg

h4opAVp.jpg

5QT7mFB.jpg

jO6Obvq.jpg

IBoCbRl.jpg

eSIOfR3.jpg

gin6GER.jpg

clpG1ee.jpg

KManoc2.jpg

EVrmFBw.jpg

MJglz08.jpg

Edited by Juggernut

• Juggernut changed the title to Another Trumpeter 1/16 Panther G Build - Steel Wheel - I'M CALLING THIS ONE DONE-DUN-DUN!