Your modelling plans for today

mpk

I have a Revell BFf-109 G10 sitting here now for a month or more, keep trying to kick myself in the arse and get on with painting. Sort of a cross between black basing, with marbling, and preshading with the panel lines. I did the marbling on the grey plastic, no primer, still have to do the panel line tracing, but have stalled. Currently have an old desk top PC I'm trying to get working for my brother. It's giving me fits. Last thing I'm going to try is to make a USB boot stick with windows XP. (It's that old) That don't work, its time for the bin.

I made sure to be up and showered and ready to begin early on this gorgeous Sunday morning in Sydney. With not a cloud in the sky, I shall endeavour to remain hidden from the sun.

The 3 main builds are birthday and Xmas presents. My own builds, those for myself, are awaiting completion. 

One of these gifts was the LSP Revell Spitfire IX.c. which then became a Hobby boss Mk.Vb. I tired of the Revell IX. I then set upon the Mk.V. I foolishly fitted a pair of  brass C wing cannons. I am now searching my stash for B wing cannons. BNA have 3 B type in stock. I can order a set on Monday via Express post and have them delivered on Tuesday.

This brings us to now. Hmmmmm. :frantic:

14 hours ago, mpk said:

I have this kit and have been wanting to begin. Do you have any words of advice? How does it go together?

Thanks. 

I found parts fit to be very good but be careful with the upper fuselage panel. I wasn't and then spent much time filling, sanding, scribbing. Also had trouble with the 3 piece rear canopy. Again these problems were my own negligence. Parts placement instructions were at times vague eg.bombardier seat and his oxygen bottle is not shown. It is on a spruce. It goes slightly in front of the seat. You will have a large void on the starboard wall. BTW, the propeller/radiator assembly can be inserted to the cowlings after. The cowling to wing attachment is weak and leaving the props off allows you to easily reinforce with CA gell. Exhaust and gauges can be fitted later also. Anyway an impressive kit. I will be submitting mine this week. Take care mpk.

6 hours ago, John Stambaugh said:

I found parts fit to be very good but be careful with the upper fuselage panel. I wasn't and then spent much time filling, sanding, scribbing. Also had trouble with the 3 piece rear canopy. Again these problems were my own negligence. Parts placement instructions were at times vague eg.bombardier seat and his oxygen bottle is not shown. It is on a spruce. It goes slightly in front of the seat. You will have a large void on the starboard wall. BTW, the propeller/radiator assembly can be inserted to the cowlings after. The cowling to wing attachment is weak and leaving the props off allows you to easily reinforce with CA gell. Exhaust and gauges can be fitted later also. Anyway an impressive kit. I will be submitting mine this week. Take care mpk.

Many thanks. Dale

10 hours ago, Shoggz said:

That was more squeaky bum time than a thrashing!

Bum time, twickers, thrashing, France???

Is this language allowed around here????? 

Visions of English public school....

:frantic:

:ph34r:

This is my none native English speaker's  interpretation:

It's all about a football game England vs. France at the Twickersham stadium and the English team was expected to trash the French team. In the end, either team could have won the game, so the English became pretty nervous and bummed.

If the above is correct, I apply for a job as a Kindergarten teacher on a Scottish Island with no residents at all :D

Lothar

On 12/5/2020 at 12:13 PM, Rick Griewski said:

Today I need to cast a copy of the trainer spine from one kit for my A5M4-K trainer conversion.  The Panzer I needs ejection pin marks under the fenders covered up.  I will entertain myself with a putty test.  

Trainer part completed.  Perfect putty not my favorite.  Vallejo putty good and of course Tamiya worked the best.  I am pumped to have that job done.  The Panzer I is now ready to paint. 

Unfortunately, I have no modeling plans at all right now. I have not touched a model since about May, and was looking forward to settling in to the bench this winter. Now that may be delayed, as I am having some serious nerve issues (possibly the dreaded carpal tunnel problem) in my right hand, and may have to have surgery if the the docs can't get me sorted soon. Bummed.

Tim