Your modelling plans for today

mpk

My last few days were a bust.  Yesterday I went and bought some paints and returned a kit i felt was too expensive. I arrived amod another 20% off sale. I took home 7 new kits. I wasn't going to.....

This morning I was in hospital for an operation and am now home. I puttied up the fuselage on my Il-2. 

I might find some video tutorials on paint figures on YouTube. 

My plan today is to continue work on the Sturmovik and tank destroyer for Samir's birthday. I've not done much over the past few days. Hopefully today will reflect a new determination. 

Not my plans for today, but soon i'll start a project which i should have started years ago, by receiving a unique vacform kit made by Lee White (he himself built the original kit, produced also by himself) viz. a 1/32scale  Lockheed AH-56 Cheyenne .

Having had the time to collect info on this particular aircraft i thought it would be time to get this "of the ground" so to say.

It's been too long since i've done some building, so i'll try to get this thing started, and also the follow up on the  RB57F Canberra (thank you iain).\

cheers,

Jack.

I have half a dozen projects in various stages. Airfix E-boat, ICM 1/48 Yak-7b (currently going friggin nuts with the PE set), 1/32 Revell Bf-109G-10 Erla, a 1/24 Chevy Chevelle, a Tamiya KV-1B, and the Dornier Wal drawings from 1/72 to 1/32. I'm also fiddling with the Wal wing, to see if I will use a foam core or build one up from sheet. Right now I can't locate a source for 2' x 4' styrene sheets. But I'm still looking.

This morning I'll work on models to be given as gifts for Xmas. I have 2 1/32 aircraft and a 1/35 tank. My only break is 2 hours drumming at 4.00.

I'm at the Cafe across the road having toast and coffee. I'm a bit sleepy due to my medication. I reckon a couple of double shot flat white coffees should wake me up. 

My modelling plans for today are the same as they've been for a good few months now - try to get motivated to actually do some modelling.

I've got my modelling den sorted, I've got plenty of models, I've got plenty of tools, paints, glues, decals, AM - you name it, I've probably got it.

But I just can't get into it. At all. Not this year at all, despite having time on my hands.

I've had a lot going on this year, been diagnosed with a new nasty disease, I've been trying to avoid Covid-19 as my immune system is shot.

My motivation to model has utterly disappeared. Just 100% gone. I think I'll give it another six months or so, and if I haven't started to model again by then, I'll consider selling everything off, because it's doing nobody any good stashed away, and knowing it's just sat there doing nothing is doing my mental health no good either.