1/32 Willys Jeep kits??

J.C.

Hello folks;  I hope everyone is having a happy weekend. I am currently building Hasegawa's 1/32 P-40E Scott's "White 7" I was seriously considering turning the project into a diorama, as I have most of the materials to complete one. What I was wondering was, is there a good/decent/nicely detailed Jeep kit out there that would go well with my Warhawk? I am thinking of making an airfield diorama of Scott in China in the summer/autumn of 1942. Big surprise, eh?  So any advice on where I could snag a decent kit would be highly welcomed. TIA!! 

9 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I’m curious if you’ve seen a photo of a Willys MB Jeep in China in 1942.  I’d actually be surprised if there were any.  A 1937 Chevy maybe, or even a Model A or a Model T Ford.

Very good point.

3 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I’m curious if you’ve seen a photo of a Willys MB Jeep in China in 1942.  I’d actually be surprised if there were any.  A 1937 Chevy maybe, or even a Model A or a Model T Ford.

Indeed, I have. In fact, I have provided some links to some photos of Jeeps in China in 1942. A couple with the AVG.

Edited by J.C.
Updated information

Looks like I need to do some further research as to what type of equipment would be available to the group in China at the time, if I intend to construct a historically accurate diorama. I'm just at the musing stage, I need to see how the Warhawk comes out before I make any further decisions to  proceed. Thank you for the info and advice,  folks. 

Cheers. 

Hey guys;

Found this photo. Granted, the jeep is in Chinese service, not U.S. however, it is China, and it is 1942.

https://ww2db.com/image.php?image_id=30089

Here's one in 1942 with the AVG.  Unless this photo is a fake (possible) I would say it is safe to put a jeep into a possible diorama. 

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/302374562461389361/visual-search/

Another one from the same source:

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/96264510761329306/

Edited by J.C.
Added a link

Just now, ssculptor said:

1/32 Die cast Jeeps by Gate are all over the place on eBay. There are jeeps, some have Laurel and Hardys attached, some have comic characters. Go take a look on eBay.

enjoy

1 minute ago, ssculptor said:

1/32 Die cast Jeeps by Gate are all over the place on eBay. There are jeeps, some have Laurel and Hardys attached, some have comic characters. Go take a look on eBay.

enjoy

PS. There are a number of books on the flying tigers. I suggest you try to find some in your local libraries and read through them. My library in Connecticut has a search provision with neighboring libraries so you can search all the libs in the area and borrow from them. Ask your library if they have such a service.

Short answer...no. I was looking for one a couple years back on here, and I did a deep dive to see what was out there. There are NO kits in 1/32 that I could find, and all the die cast stuff is crap. Trust me, I bought a few to find out. 

You might try shapeways or some such 3D printing outfit. I didn't find anything that suited me back then, but there might be something now.

Good luck.