New Italeri Tornado GR.4 1/32nd scale - first impression - pics

Piero

18 hours ago, JayBee said:

And in one of the best camouflage schemes:

I can never decide whether to do a Marine one in that old classic white undersides or the later blue lizard scheme.

Even in 1/48 they start to demand a lot of space without being all folded and crabbed so, choices....

Multiple listings on EBay currently. Hannants sent me an in stock notice days ago, but shipping will cost an arm and a leg. If the shipping time to the distributors in the states is anything like the 1/32 F-35, we'll be lucky to see it by March 2021...........Just when I am trying to unload some of the 1/32 kits.

Edited by Mr Matt Foley

Mine should be arriving on Tuesday.  Trying to decide what to do with I already have fo a GR.4

For decals, it’s the kit options or the Euro Decals Operation Telic Tonkas decal

For stores, it’s the kit GBU-12s, Reskit CPU-123s, KH Storm Shadows (actually SCALP EG from the Mirage 2000 kit), Flightpath TIALD pod, and Wolfpack LITENING pod (for the Hornet, which has the rear cooling scoop on the correct side for the Tornado).  If someone put out Brimstones with the triple rack, the choice would be easier.

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Mine should be arriving on Tuesday.  Trying to decide what to do with I already have fo a GR.4

For decals, it’s the kit options or the Euro Decals Operation Telic Tonkas decal

For stores, it’s the kit GBU-12s, Reskit CPU-123s, KH Storm Shadows (actually SCALP EG from the Mirage 2000 kit), Flightpath TIALD pod, and Wolfpack LITENING pod (for the Hornet, which has the rear cooling scoop on the correct side for the Tornado).  If someone put out Brimstones with the triple rack, the choice would be easier.

Where did you order from Dave?

35 minutes ago, Michael931080 said:

Nice video!  I did notice that what appears as a BRIMSTOME Launch Rack on the belly of the beast has quite a downward angle to it.  Interesting!  :hmmm:

That’s standard for the Tornado.  Brimstone is rail launched, so I assume the downward angle is to clear the pod/store hanging in front of it.

Interesting Operation Shader loadout.  Three Paveway IV, LITENING pod, Skyshadow instead of the TERMA MCP, large Hindenburger tanks, and empty BOL rails.  Judging by the image, the third Paveway has to be on the centerline because there isn’t room for it to be mounted behind the LITENING pod.

Obviously the shipping cost is going to vary depending on where you are buying from and where you are shipping to.  You aren’t going to get it shipped from Europe to the USA for a total cost of only £113.  Cheapest that I’ve found on eBay to the US is from Italy is $127 for the kit, plus $47 shipping, but at least it’s FedEx shipping.  Cheapest overall is probably Lucky Model combined with one of their free or $10 surface shipping deals.