New Italeri Tornado GR.4 1/32nd scale - first impression - pics

Piero

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

The aircraft shown in the instructions isn’t “Pinky”, and isn’t even painted in Desert Pink.  It’s an Op Herrick GR4 in the standard overall gray.  For some reason, the lighting on the photo makes the color on the instruction page look somewhat pinkish, but it really isn’t.

My concern about being able to build a GR.1 from the kit is that I don’t see the second gun panel (just the blanking plate), and the only pilot’s IP seems to be the one with the square radar scope.  I believe the GR.1s had the original round radar scope.

Also, a surprising amount of flash on some of the parts.

Anyway, have one coming from Italy on eBay.  Hopefully will be here sooner than later.

Correct... sorry for the poor quality of the photo... all the GR.4s in the decal sheet are in two-tones Grey or all Medium Sea Grey schemes.

35 minutes ago, otis252 said:

Looks like a great kit, I'm definitely in for a couple. The one thing missing for me is the triple Brimstone missile launcher. Hopefully the aftermarket guys will fill this armament hole.

Chuck

I would imagine that Eduard, for one, would come out with stuff for the kit.  They already have a 1/48 TIALD, so they could pop out a 1/32 one, and I could definitely seem them doing a triple Brimstone launcher.  We also need a LITENING pod.  ResKit could also do some more stuff.  They already have nice CPU-123s and exhausts (for the Revell kit, though ).  Hopefully Eduard or ResKit do new wheels.  The plastic ones in the kit are too flat, and the vinyl ones look oily.  Wouldn’t be surprised to see Aires come out with a cockpit and Quickboost some GR4 seats.  I think the aftermarket boys are already on top of it.

Thanks for taking the time to do a review, Piero!! Looks much better than the Revell kit(which really isn't too bad) There is enough of an improvement to buy one. Marking choices are ok, i think aftermarket will cover any shortcomings in the pit, etc.  I still have some old Taurus decals for an Italian IDS bird, so there are options ...

Don

5 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

I’m gonna go with the GAF’s ‘Blue Lightning’ scheme from 2003 as my favourite. 

Photo courtesy of ©️Garry Lakin.

50579953427_23bf22190e_c.jpg

Hello, 

Shuold you need more pictures for your project just ask Google for Simon Link Fbw31 Tornado. You will find a walkaround. 

13 years ago (omg) I took some pictures just after the airbrush stopped. 

G' Evening people

I have the new Revell 1/48 Tornado GR-1/IDS and is very suprising how it is similarly to the 1/32 new Italeri Tornado.

I hope to see in Progress of this Tornado.

One strange thing that I noted in the 1/48 Tornado Revell kit  is the front fuselage section has something like "diamondish" contour line, but in any Tornado pictures, drawing key, cutaway, three view plans of the early  Panavia 200, and then the IDS, GR-1 or GR-4 versions such "diamondish" contour  line is observed .

Here in this topic photos I was unable to see this contour line and I have the Revell 1/32 Tornado that has not this issue. 

Any comments will be much well appreciated.

Thanks 

Mario

10 hours ago, dmthamade said:

Funny, i just clued in how this is strictly an RAF release...might wait for the next release(and there will be one, can count on it) where the RAF GR1, Luftwaffe and Italian birds are covered, maybe even the Saudi birds...

Don

Well on the weapon sprue theres a pair of HARMs so a German ECR is in the pipeline it would seem.

Thanks for sharing the photos, I don't regret my pre-order, but this is the second set of sprue photos of production parts which have quite a bit of flash for a modern 2020 Kit... Especially one for this kind of money...  that's a little disapointing, and I do think the panel lines are a bit much, but they're workable/fixable.. They just seem quite out of scale.. as if they modelled it bigger in 3D but used splines to represent the indents... scaled down the thing but forgot to make sure the indentation thicknesses were scaled down with it to match.. they're _very_ wide..

Still it's nice to see a new one :) I look forward to receiving mine.