Dear LSP members. Where are you right now? (May be the future)

mpk

Me, I am hanging around outside a warehouse in Redfern NSW. No I am not researching a crime, I am listening to a student playing a gig. I am not allowed in. They said my head was too "animal mounted on a wall" type deal.

Oh well.

As a result I am outside on my phone!!! Yes a phone! It even has a camera! Finally, I am hip!

Where are you?

Here in the center of the US, in our house w/the wife......pretty much exactly where we've been since March.

Weird thing is, besides not going out to eat, and not getting to go to our favorite "dinner drinks and a show" movie theater, nothing has really changed much for us. I guess that's a sign of how introverted we are. :lol:

I'm home, which is where I want to be. If I want to go outside I walk into my back yard. Plenty of fresh air there.

My present projects are 

1) getting rid of a lot of my stash via eBay and an occasional trip to the dump.

2) now that my book is in publication I am gathering my notes for my next one. My current book is called The Streamlined Locomotive by me, Stephen L. Auslender. Page Publishing Co. ISBN 978-1-64462-100-4. You buy a copy at a book store (Barnes & Nobel for example or Amazon on line) by going up to a counter and ordering one. ($14.95). Or I'll trade a copy for a 1/32 aeroplane kit (any condition, badly built, partial, whatever).

I am not sure you will like it if you are in any way a serious minded person. It is a humorously surrealistic novel (what ever that means) and has very little to do with locomotives or airplanes.

3) trying to organize my immense pile of models and stuff. After the house was repaired following the last house fire 6 years ago every surviving thing was piled in the garage and basement in unmarked boxes. 

4) trying to get back to making sculpture and models.

I miss not being able to go to model shows (plastic models and model trains) in this area which have closed because of the  current plague.

For entertainment I view my favorite old TV shows from the 1950s on YouTube (Have Gun will Travel, Sherlock Holmes, Nero Wolfe, Burns and Allen).

My wife is happily arranging and working in her new sewing room.  Her new sewing machine should be delivered this month. 

Keep on Trucking,

Stephen

Just got in from the mornings grocery run, home depot, and staples. ham sandwich for lunch with 3 cats staring at my food. Outside it is 75' on NOV 6TH !!!!!!!! and some high profile morons still deny global warming. Where am I? an hour and a bit south of Boston, in Rhode Island, about a half mile from the sea. Regards, Pete. ( hoping for hobby bench time this afternoon)

I,ve been excercising an activity which is usually known as:  THIS IS WHY WOMEN LIVE LONGER THAN MEN, by climbing in trees to trim them for the upcoming winter season and using several kinds of chainsaw systems, while being up there checking my iphone from time to time to check on the "obvious" news to evolve.........yeah right, i shouldn't do these things simultaneously but fortunately i didn't harm myself......pfew........

I'm at home in Lincolnshire CAD drawing up a cab for a full size steam engine that the railway society I belong to are building, it's quite intensive as the bits are going to be laser cut out of 6mm steel so I'm literally drawing in 3D every nut and rivet and angle iron.

With this lockdown I thought I had at least another 6 months but they are pushing ahead so I've been caught out. Trying to catch up.

Graham 

At home in Central North Carolina. Just came in from making an unnecessary trip to the auto parts store as an excuse to enjoy a beautiful evening driving around with the top down. My wife is on a Zoom call with friends, so I'm now in my office with a beer, getting ready to do a little work on my latest project.

Ben