CMK Seamless F-16 intake

ade rowlands

44 minutes ago, O.W said:

Hello Ade,

I used one a couple of years ago for my IAF F-16 Build.

If I ever start a F-16 build again I'll defiantly gonna use the CMK seamless intake.

It only took a small amount of filler, sanding and re-scribing the lines to blent it al together.

Cheers

Otto

Good to know. Thanks. Great to know its a good fit with the Tamiya kit. Just haven’t found any builds that used it. 

• LSP_K2 changed the title to CMK Seamless F-16 intake
25 minutes ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

Hi, Ade. 

IIRC, Master Caster also produce a resin "big mouth" intake cover.

Cheers. 

Chris.  

They do indeed. Discovered it after my initial post. I’ve ordered the kit today and I’ll try and make the kit intake seamless and have these 2 options as fall backs. 

Good luck with your build, Ade. I know you will make a great job of your '16.

I recently bought the Model Master masks & decals set for the 2015 Greek F-16 "Zeus" Demo Team. When I was looking through the instructions last week, it occurred to me that I might have bitten off more than I can chew. Should be fun to find out, though....

Chris.      

9 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

Good luck with your build, Ade. I know you will make a great job of your '16.

I recently bought the Model Master masks & decals set for the 2015 Greek F-16 "Zeus" Demo Team. When I was looking through the instructions last week, it occurred to me that I might have bitten off more than I can chew. Should be fun to find out, though....

Chris.      

Yeah. I'm going with a Have Glass scheme more than likely. Ordered an Academy Sufa to replace one I sold last year and knew I'd regret selling too. 

This thing made me puzzled yesterday. I started IAF Barak block 40 build and compared CMK intake with 2 Zacto ones, small and large, and with Tamiya one. Well, CMK fits right in the middle. It is bigger than NSi but smaller than MCID. Shapewise it is more like NSI. I never heard about any "middle mouth" intake and all I can say is that it looks like CMK is slightly oversized inaccurate NSI.

On 11/8/2020 at 4:21 AM, Confusionreigns178 said:

I've never worked out how they do the Have Glass scheme. It kinda glossy and not glossy, at the same time... Could be some alien technology?

Chris. 

MRP makes a specific "clear" for the Have Glass.  It's pretty much a matte clear paint with the metallic pigment in it.

Matt