RAF pink and RAF trainer yellow paints

npb748r

Hi all, I have a couple fo paint questions I was wondering if anyone could advise me on. I'm just about to start the micro-mir miles magister (seems a nice kit and looks like it will be a quick build) and wondered if anyone knows if the Trainer Yellow Air Series AK Interactive AK-2065 paint is a close enough match for the yellow on the aircraft during 1940 (I'm building this as part of a BoB set of aircraft) ?  I was thinking about scratch building the bomb rack they fitted to a small number of aircraft as part of the invasion defence plans but so far can't find any decent pictures of the racks used. I know they held a number of 25lb bombs. 

My second ask concerns the to be released Tornado - I was thinking about painting it in the RAF desert pink colour scheme and wondered if anyone does that colour in acrylic - I'm new to air brushing (only painted 2 planes so far using one) and I'm not confident on mixing my own colours. At the moment I've only used AK interactive and Hataka paints.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Neil 

3 hours ago, Fanes said:

Not sure about the AK Trainer Yellow, but as far as I know MRP have both colours in their range.

Bonus they're among the best paints for airbrushing.

Cheers

Joachim

I don't want to hijack this thread, but where do you get MRP paints in Germany? They seem to be sold out on most online shops over here or they stock only a few colors, mostly WW2 which I don't care about.

Thanks in advance, Joachim

Rainer

3 hours ago, Rainer Hoffmann said:

They seem to be sold out on most online shops over here or they stock only a few colors, mostly WW2 which I don't care about.

same boat in the UK based on my searches tonight. Are there any other manufactures that sell these colours ?

4 hours ago, Rainer Hoffmann said:

I don't want to hijack this thread, but where do you get MRP paints in Germany? They seem to be sold out on most online shops over here or they stock only a few colors, mostly WW2 which I don't care about.

Thanks in advance, Joachim

Rainer

I guess it's a bad time to look for MRPs. I get mine usually from MBK, or Uschi van der Rosten but they seem to hav elittle to no stock.
I'm lloking for a bottle of RLM04 since about half a year.

46 minutes ago, Fanes said:

I guess it's a bad time to look for MRPs. I get mine usually from MBK, or Uschi van der Rosten but they seem to hav elittle to no stock.
I'm lloking for a bottle of RLM04 since about half a year.

https://www.hmhobbies.co.uk/mrp-051-rlm-04-gelb-30ml.html 3 in stock Joachim but prices+postage? 

6 hours ago, Fanes said:

One more thought: what about ordering directly from MRP?
They seem to have a lot in stock (what a coincidence :D).

Joachim

That makes a lot of sense Joachim, it's what I used to do when they first came out and stockists in the UK were thin on the ground.