Yippee Decals

EvilCarrot

I'm in the (slow) process of building the old Revell P-38 to hang in my son's bedroom. I'd like to do the Yippee version. The Peddinghaus decal set seems to be the most readily available but the opinions on the manufacturer seem to be rather negative... Anyone tried them? Any other recommendations? 

Peddinghaus are a bit of the curates egg really good in places (subject and detail) bad in places (they are not the strongest of decal and can be fragile). I've used them on a couple of railway projects I always give them a good spray with Mr Super Clear gloss before use.

I would try them on a small set before going for a bigger one.

Bob

On 11/4/2020 at 5:05 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

A detail that I don’t believe any decal has ever gotten correct is the “YIPPEE” titles on the fuselage.  On the real thing, the black outline was offset outside the white, allowing a very thin red stripe to show through.  Every decal (and profile) I’ve ever seen has the black touching the white.

Almost imperceptible, not even sure it's a black outline compared to the black under the wing.

q18cyimo6grx.jpg

Edited by MikeMaben

Thanks for the replies guys! Not really going for accuracy but it would be nice to have it resemble a plane that actually existed. So the Draw Decals would be the better choice? Not sure how easy it is to get them in Europe but I'll have a look. 

37 minutes ago, EvilCarrot said:

So the Draw Decals would be the better choice? Not sure how easy it is to get them in Europe but I'll have a look. 

I just ordered 3 sets from Greg at Draw decals, took 3 weeks to arrive, the quality is great made in digital silk just what you need for a nice shinny racer,

so add a couple of more days