Tamiya 1:32 F-4C Lower UHF Antenna Placement

My research shows the lower UHF antenna on the F-4C, just aft of the radome, is offset just slightly to the port side of the fuselage. Jake Melampy’s book, “The Modern Phantom Guide, The F-4 Phantom Exposed”, page 25, appears to validate this. I have not been able to find any other reference photos and wondered if anyone had any pics showing the reference?

I have already removed the antenna and located it according to Jake’s reference as I am sure this is the definitive source. Just wondering if any other photos are out there anywhere.

thanks in advance,

John

Awesome, clear as a bell!

Thank you so much, I can’t tell you how much I searched and couldn’t find anything!

It’s like trying to find full port and starboard pics of Old’s 829, just impossible!

Thanks Jari

P.S. While we’re on the subject, I have never figured out how to post pics on this forum, any help here would be great as well.

John

2 hours ago, WheelsUp said:

Awesome, clear as a bell!

Thank you so much, I can’t tell you how much I searched and couldn’t find anything!

It’s like trying to find full port and starboard pics of Old’s 829, just impossible!

Thanks Jari

P.S. While we’re on the subject, I have never figured out how to post pics on this forum, any help here would be great as well.

John

I can't tell you how many times Jari has come through for me with that almost impossible to find picture.

On 11/2/2020 at 10:14 PM, WheelsUp said:

Jennings,

Thank you for the clarification. I was going by what Jake’s book calls it out as.

It's spelled out as an RWR antenna in the book, and the two photos on the bottom of the page do clearly show it as offset to the jet's left side.

Jake

20 minutes ago, WheelsUp said:

Jake, yes it does, the confusion was on my part.

John

John, sorry.  My response came across as harsh.  I'm wrapping up the 2nd Edition Phantom Guide right now so I was able to quickly check my facts, fully prepared to make a change to fix my mistake.  I was pleasantly surprised to find I had it correct in the book.

the lower UHF antenna is on the forward nose gear door, with the exception of the F-4E (and derivative F-4G, F-4F, etc.).  On those jets it's on the aft, larger nose gear door.

Jake

17 hours ago, WheelsUp said:

I have poured over your book so many times that I have lost count. It is a remarkable resource. Best of luck with the 2nd Edition.

John

That's great to hear!  I'm hoping the 2nd edition will be much better.

Jennings, hopefully right around early spring, but so much is up in the air right now with printing and the shipping companies.  Covid.......

Jake