VF-126 A-4E Top Gun completed.

Padubon

Thanks guys!

Here some more pics. All primed and ready for some paint.

The landing gear fits like a glove! 

VksNgcy.jpg

I painted the HUD reflecting glass on the sides to add dimension, I think it worked well.

iZLuuJ6.jpg

Here it is! I’m quite exited, I hope I don’t mess it up since it is my first Scooter on 32nd.

7Ufgf8f.jpg

i7pKX9g.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Looks terrific, the colours looked a bit dull and dark in the previous photos, but now, quite the opposite. 

Thank you.

About the color difference, it is the light and the gloss coat, I was amazed of how bright it looked with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m almost done but I am encountering tons of static and the kit is attracting all sorts of dust, hair, etc. I’m afraid to add the flat coat trapping all sort of stuff. 
Any suggestions?

I started the weathering last night and I’ll do some more tonight. I hope I can figure something out about the static.

Before:

lMTa73F.jpg

After:

4TVs25z.jpg

Not a very good shot. I’ll take better pictures soon. 

OIuOk0A.jpg

26 minutes ago, Padubon said:

I’m almost done but I am encountering tons of static and the kit is attracting all sorts of dust, hair, etc. I’m afraid to add the flat coat trapping all sort of stuff. 
Any suggestions?

I read in another post that someone is placing the model above a moist towel when spraying and drying (so the model is not resting on the towel, but is placed above it).  Apparently the moist towel attracts (most of) the dust.

On 1/29/2021 at 12:51 PM, Landrotten Highlander said:

I read in another post that someone is placing the model above a moist towel when spraying and drying (so the model is not resting on the towel, but is placed above it).  Apparently the moist towel attracts (most of) the dust.

I’ll give it a try