Where else do people post?

Bstarr3

Just LSP these days.  I used to be a big time ARC contributor, but then it got real weird- and that's all I'm going to say about that.  :rolleyes:

I'm glad I tuned into this thread, because I forgot all about Britmodeler.  I'd like to build another 1/48 scale Lancaster and the Non LSP Works forum here doesn't draw enough interest for all the work a WIP thread entails.  Britmodeler should, so maybe that will be my next model and next forum to try.

Cheers,

Chuck

14 hours ago, John1 said:

Sorry guys!   I find over time, I'm getting lazy and just using acronyms.   Bad habit for sure, LOL! 

14 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I find in my line of work acronyms are almost all we use unfortunately!   I do it all the time intentionally 

You know you have it bad when you start using the term "TLA" meaning "Three-Letter Acronym"  :).   And despite being more than 8 years retired from a job that involved plenty of TLAs, I'm still guilty!

Incidentally, to go back to @mozart's query that started this little diversion, "SME" can also stand for "Small-to-Medium Enterprise", generally meaning a business employing about 250 people or less.  My last job before retirement involved both meanings, and it could get confusing. :shrug:

Edited by MikeC

49 minutes ago, MikeC said:

You know you have it bad when you start using the term "TLA" meaning "Three-Letter Acronym"  :).

The ironic thing about this term is that it's not technically an acronym, which is defined as any abbreviation comprised of the initial letters of component words that is pronounceable as its own word. In other words, a new word made from the initial letters of other words. TLA is simply a form of abbreviation colloquially known as an initialism. By contrast, NASA is a prime example of an actual acronym.

Kev

I joined Hyperscale many years ago, but about 10 years ago I decided it was not worth the s... that happened over there. By then I had found this place and it's the only place I go these days (nice people and great stuff) if we are talking dedicated modeling sites (lol except web shops naturally :evil_laugh: )

I have a private group with my friends on facebook where we do a lot of talk, show and tell/ask, and general stupid comments (great).

However I do try to limit myself as I find too much time on the web cuts into my build time...