Flying S Models 1/32 Fairey Gannet

LSP_Kevin

Looks like we may have a Gannet on the market before a UK F4 in 1/32; never thought I would see that!  Given the commonality between the AEW and AS variants, plus the design of the wheel wells in the video, makes me hopeful that we may see an AS/COD version in the future. :clap2: 

Seems to go that way.  No PT-17 styrene then two models.  Not one but five I-16 variants.  Desperate for a VAL I start a paper kit then we get a styrene kit on the way.  Someone finished a Vac Ki-45 and we get a styrene kit from ZM.  I was almost done with a Ju-88 vac and then Revell styrene.  No Lancasters then two.  I do not however understand the Gotha on floats (I did buy one).  So get busy pretending with some builds and more may pop up. :popcorn:

My apologies for the late reply here, guys.  To answer a few of the questions/comments I saw...the video is new, not old.  In fact, I just recorded and edited it yesterday in between sessions working on the master patterns.  Alan, Chuck, and I have been working together since the summer on this one.  Still lots left to do by making progress each day.  I'll be starting on the 1/32 wing fold patterns here soon as the cockpit and other 3D printed parts are in work by Chuck.  

And we are working on a 1/32 CA-15 as "we speak" and also a talking a few other 1/32 subjects, including an ASW version that hopefully we'll get rolling on soon.

Cheers!

Chad

7 minutes ago, turboprop4 said:

My apologies for the late reply here, guys.  To answer a few of the questions/comments I saw...the video is new, not old.  In fact, I just recorded and edited it yesterday in between sessions working on the master patterns.  Alan, Chuck, and I have been working together since the summer on this one.  Still lots left to do by making progress each day.  I'll be starting on the 1/32 wing fold patterns here soon as the cockpit and other 3D printed parts are in work by Chuck.  

And we are working on a 1/32 CA-15 as "we speak" and also a talking a few other 1/32 subjects, including an ASW version that hopefully we'll get rolling on soon.

Cheers!

Chad

Great to see you here Chad!  

I am sure there will be lots of people wanting this kit, the upgrades and printing extras look brilliant!  Keep up the great work

Cheers Anthony

Thanks for the heads-up Kev. 

Wow! Who would have ever thought that we'd have a 1/32nd scale Fairey Gannet? :o

This has long been a favourite of mine. In the same vein as a Wessex she's so ugly she's beautiful (at least to some of us:P;)).

So many schemes to finish her in. The AEW version with folded wings would yield a magnificent model. 

Personally I've yet to build a full resin aircraft. Who knows, could this be the one?

Good luck in bringing this to the market guys. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, turboprop4 said:

Cheers!

Chad

Thanks for pursuing this Chad, it’s very much appreciated.

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2020 at 6:32 AM, turboprop4 said:

Cheers!

Chad

Ooh ooh ooh OMG!!!!

RAN Gannet and CA-15. :frantic: