2 hours ago, Hartmann352 said:

Is that the Academy Mk II?

If so, how's it all going together? 

(have that one in the Stash. ;))

:beer:

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave.

This kit is the model from Tamiya. I think it's quite old because it has space for batteries.

This is now where it's at.

hGnLEe.jpg

yARnEB.jpg

AF6ydx.jpg

JJvBxn.jpg

2dGymZ.jpg

NqHisM.jpg

XCcYAK.jpg

After a couple of days getting the tank fully camouflaged and heavily weathered using a dark shade. I then tried to get the correct shade of the sand colour used by the IDF. I hoped much of the original weathering would show the weathering through a light coat of Gunze 313.

Weathering these tanks is proving to be a real eye opener. They are so often covered in sand or concrete dust. Often it is a deep red mud that is similar to Australian red mud. I am going to try covering it in cement dust.

8hvFW6.jpg

Wish me luck. 

LAFUc6.jpg

3s7Pba.jpg

w2Aifi.jpg

wmTlDv.jpg

EXE8qj.jpg

YEUvvj.jpg

D8i4xD.jpg

oq5523.jpg

qOUDd7.jpg

PRMMjL.jpg

9a5hg5.jpg

Edited by mpk

Thanks Gaz. I actually liked it before it was dirty. However these tanks are being used to learn how to "armour weather", as it were. The T-62 & the merkava are relatively cheap, around 35 bucks. The more expensive kits are down the road.

I've been watching how to weather armour videos on YouTube. A couple of them showed the modeller using pigment marketed by modelling companies. I have seen these in shops. Some come in a pack of 3 or 4 colours and are amazingly expensive. 

I buy my pigments from a local arts supplies store. These two I am using on this build together cost me $26.00 AUD. $13.00 each. One can judge the volume by the tank wheels behind. I have many of these jars, including metallic pigment.

XWk1aw.jpg

Edited by mpk
Spelling error.

• LSP_K2 changed the title to Tamiya 1/35 Merkava main battle tank, WIP