Looks like Special Hobby is reissuing the X-15A-2 in the all white scheme

Dave Williams

14 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Scalehobbyist is taking orders.  Looks like the price has gone up compared to what I remember the last release going for.  But, it looks like you get a stand so you can show it inflight.

https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Model_Aircraft/x-15a2-white-ablative-coating/SPH00032081/product.php?kw=X-15

If you get it directly from Special Hobby it is about $88 shipped to the US.  That isn't too bad so the price there is pretty reasonable.  It has a ton of resin also.  There are some short comings in the kit, but that has been discussed at length.

As for this kit, the only things that are different from the last boxing with tanks and dolly are the addition of the stand and ramjet.  The latter giving rise to the former.

This one finally brings an end to the X-15 series with the exception of the A-1 with the XLR99 but that can be made with some kit bashing.

6 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I believe that the PE fret is slightly different also.  This kit has the pitot tube rake that goes at the front of the ventral fin that isn’t in the previous black A-2 w/ ground dolly kit.

I will get a good look this weekend and will be able to tell for sure.