Daddy needs a NEW Compressor!!!

Nachtjaeger

I can’t recommend any particular brand of compressor, I just suggest getting one with the biggest tank possible. I’ve got a small  “no-name” dual piston compressor with a 3.5l tank, it’s nice and quiet and has lasted at least a decade.

I noticed that your in Florida, so I’m going to assume that you’ve got to cope with high humidity, so would CO2 be an option for you? I’ve never used it, but others swear by it, especially as it’s moisture free so no need for water traps.

Yes I do live in South Florida. Humidity is an issue here when painting anything indoor and outdoor.....Lol.  I have heard of using C02. It makes sense.  and yes my little pancake compressor from Harbor Freight has a 3 gallon tank. I dont mind spending the money on something of good quality and quiet. Thank you for your input. Really appreciate it.

I’m in a high humidity area myself, I often hear CO2 being recommended, but I’ve never done anything about it.

This is pretty much what I use (the same but mines not painted) it’s been going solid for ages, is really quiet, but because it has the word “hobby” attached to it, it wasn’t cheap.

Hobby Compressor

I don't use CO2 for painting because even though I'm in the Pacific Northwest the air is pretty dry here. I did use CO2 when I had a salt water reef aquarium. Once you buy the cylinder it's really inexpensive to fill at a local welding supply. You usually just trade in the cylinder for a full one one so you don't have to wait. It really might be a good option for a high humidity area.

Being air conditioned you shouldn’t have any moisture issues, but your 2 trap plan would work even without the aircon.

I usually spray in the shed, it gets up to the high 30’s and is constantly up in the high 70-80% humidity, and using one of these Iwata pistol grip water trap  and the moisture trap included with the compressor, water isn’t a problem