Postal prices from UK to US

Bob MDC

I know we are in "strange times" but I don't know if it's the UK or US but postal prices to the US have just hiked AGAIN, not Canada or ROW just US.

I have put the new parameters into our site but we are checking all orders to the US just in case the parameters we are using are not up to date as the mail service changes weekly if not daily.

Sorry for this but it frustrates the hell out of me, I have got a couple of other companies looking at parcels to the US

Bob

In the good old days the US govt accepted the fact that the PO had to run on a deficit. Now they are trying to make some money. Lots of luck to us all.

It is now harder to buy and sell on ebay because the higher cost of shipping discourages us. Also the sales tax hurts too.

Where is Harry S. Truman now that we need him?

Stephen 

On 10/22/2020 at 12:29 AM, Bob MDC said:

I know we are in "strange times" but I don't know if it's the UK or US but postal prices to the US have just hiked AGAIN, not Canada or ROW just US.

I have put the new parameters into our site but we are checking all orders to the US just in case the parameters we are using are not up to date as the mail service changes weekly if not daily.

Sorry for this but it frustrates the hell out of me, I have got a couple of other companies looking at parcels to the US

Bob

Yes they have Bob, it changed from the first of September.The US is now in what's called Zone 3 which is the most expensive one, actually the Royal Mail had been keeping the price down artificially but when the US side of Air delivery hiked up their prices yet again they had to fall in line. I've started to squeeze some items into the 'Large Letter' size boxes to keep the price down.

Graham 

49 minutes ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

If folks would like some comparison prices, I had a Canadian member of another website send me some model parts a few months ago. The 20cm X 17cm X 4 cm box was about Can.$9.50 from there to the UK. The bow weighed very little. 

Chris. 

Well that from UK to Canada would be £6.25. Canada is in Zone 1 so is only slightly dearer than Europe.

Graham

On 10/22/2020 at 10:29 AM, Bob MDC said:

Bob

We've had several price hikes. Postage is now a massive business expense in Australia. Overseas postal even moreso.

We found out yesterday that the CEO of AusPost is not only injecting herself into some pretty toxic politics but decided her management needed a bonus. she couldn't recall the amount at first, nor the CFO but it turns out she spent $20,000 on Cartier watches amongst all sorts of other luxury items.

Really hard to swallow the price hikes when things like that go on. It makes us feel like we're all being taken for fools.

Matty

I did use for a short time Ebay's global shipping program which I thought was finally the answer, I must admit I'd always thought that you've got all these individuals sending stuff all over the world surely they could go most of the way in one big crate. So obviously ebay thought the same and came up with the global shipping thing. Trouble is they soon realised that the seller has no idea what the customer will end up paying so being their usual unintegrous self it was an opportunity for them to rip people off. I had a couple of comments about the high cost by customers so I stopped using it rather than risk losing my 100% feedback rating.

Graham 

I believe the E-bay Global Shipping Program is an atempt to track parcels across international borders so sellers can't make false claims that product not arrived necessitating a full refund by Paypal. That tracking ability comes at a cost however.

I won't use the program unless the seller has a "must have" item for sale. Otherwise I can buy an envelope of photoetch with a $1 stamp on it that costs me $25 to ship via E-Bay (as an example)...:mental:

Mark Proulx

Agreed, bought from SB in the USA and Hannants at the same time...like the tortoise and hare story Hannants beats SB in initial purchase price and shipping time and shipping cost...at least in my experience.

milage may vary.