BAe Hawk T.1 Finnish Air Force 1/32 Revell

Jarda_Hajecek

Dear LSP team. I am happy to present the latest finished model. Its the 1/32 Hawk Mk.1 of the Finnish Air Force. 
Kit: Revell
Scale:1/32
Aftermarket: CMK Instrument panels, Quickboost Seats, Avalon Decals
Paints: Ammo, Vallejo, Future
Weathering: Flory Models Washes, Ammo Oilbrushers
Base made by my friend. 

The kit has its issues however does fall together fairly well. Its Revell and its simplified in some areas but I believe the kit does capture the shapes of the real aircraft well. For those who wish to go to town on superdetailing this kit provides a good base. I used only instrument panels with coamings from CMK Quick and Easy line, and Quickboost seats. I have received the kit from my wife for Christmas couple years back so I wanted to build it. She loves colorful schemes that break up the grays in the display shelf (herself building a 1/48 Hellcat Drone) When a friend showed me the Avalon Decals sheet for Hawks from Finland I was sold. This one is ex-Swiss aircraft. All in all enjoyable mojo building experience and one kit finished. I saw a quote the other day on on forum that said the following: “The best thing on finishing a model, is the fact that without hesitation you can dive into your stash and start another one”. Happy modeling everyone. 
Cheers, Jarda Hajecek

50514869277_55bdee9601_b.jpg 1/32 Hawk T1 Finnish Air Force 50514707046_bcd9b648ca_b.jpg 50513991848_ecfec641e8_b.jpg 50513991903_b10f81b6f7_b.jpg 50514869362_81d1cb9749_b.jpg

Edited by Jarda_Hajecek
Name removal on request.

Superb and unusual. What a beautiful finish* in particular.  :goodjob:

I didn't even know Finland operated Hawks in that colour scheme.

Edited by MikeC
* Sorry: pun NOT intended.

On 10/23/2020 at 10:20 AM, dodgem37 said:

Great show.  Great line-work.  Beautiful cockpit.  Did you produce the concrete pad or is it an after-market print?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Nope Mark, the base was made by my friend I suck at making bases so he offered and I accepted.