1:32 Tallboy Trolley in the works

GrahamF

6 hours ago, GrahamF said:

Yes that's a great idea I've thought about doing that before a sort of speeded up film of building the kit from box to completed assembly.

I'd have to not speak though I've got the most terrible voice it's a sort of cross between Julian Clary and Boy George.

I dont think you are alone in thinking ones own voice sounds unlike what we probably think it does. I personally hate hearing my own voice after the fact, its always way more annoying that you would think. 

On 10/22/2020 at 12:17 PM, GrahamF said:

Will gladly if you can spread the word that we exist, I'm still finding after 8 years that nobody has ever heard of us.

Graham 

Well, you'll be pleased to know that as soon as the shows recommence my show/display partner and myself have a very interesting and very big diorama coming that will feature lots of your products and I'm sure will  create a lot of interest when they're eventually on full display.

This has taken a lot of time so far and we're only halfway through the project. 

We had a similar large display at the Telford/Peterborough Shows and the manufacturer of the products that we used was deluged with orders afterwards, and we know this for a fact! We do spread the word of their origin and it does pay off.

I'm hoping this will do the same for you!

Unfortunately these big displays do take a lot of time to do, but your up next so let's see how it works out!

9 hours ago, GrahamF said:

Yes that's a great idea I've thought about doing that before a sort of speeded up film of building the kit from box to completed assembly.

I'd have to not speak though I've got the most terrible voice it's a sort of cross between Julian Clary and Boy George.

Graham 

Ok ... so you don't have a voice for radio!!

So borrow someone to do your voiceover from a script then! ... a bit of music in the background occasionally ... but vocal description of what is visibly going on in front of me helps keep me focused on what is being done ... the robotic IA ones turn me off straight away ... Speed up the cutting and sanding bits for sure - but always show your technique first - because everyone does it differently!! ... Take your time to show how the end result should look, the possible pitfalls at various stages and how to avoid them etc ... remembering that a lot of your viewers could be 1st time modellers or newbies to the conversion/correction game ... 

Theres a lot of tutorials out there also on how to make everything appeal from the title to the thumbnail used, to video length (it might be better to set it up as a series with a video edited and uploaded every 3 days or so - you could monetise it and made Ad revenue also!! ... think of your next potential project ... and do a production series from design through to product release ... the possibilities are endless!! ... and if you don't end up selling a lot of product from video's - maybe the Ad revenue will assist :)

Rog :)

13 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

You don't necessarily have to do a voice-over; sometimes text captions can be just as effective.

Kev

Most people turn off after 2 mins with just music / text ... voice over or on-camera are the best for engagement

Rog :)

The problem with most Youtube videos is they break the 3 minute rule for videos.  Most people will lose interest after 3 minutes and move on.  And many people talk too much and take too long.  

The idea from Kevin is a good one of just using text captions.  Many times you can get the entire message across just fine that way. 

Paul 

On 10/22/2020 at 6:35 AM, Royboy said:

Can we have a 'standard' bomb trolley to go with it please for the 500 pounders?

While your at it we need some incendiary bomb cannisters for the Lancaster Mk I/III too. 

Just thought I'd mention it again!  :whistle:

Aye thankyou.

Belcher Bits does both a Type C and a Type D bomb trolley in 1/32. See here http://www.belcherbits.com/lines/148conv/bb44.htm

I've watched more than a few reviews on the tube, and for my money, engaging chat, in the form of what's what, is far more interesting to me than text, and far, far more interesting than stupid music of any sort. Pure music, with no chat or text, will have me looking for something else, pronto quicko.

On 10/23/2020 at 8:11 PM, Out2gtcha said:

I dont think you are alone in thinking ones own voice sounds unlike what we probably think it does. I personally hate hearing my own voice after the fact, its always way more annoying that you would think. 

There's a reason you always sound "weird" on a recording. When you speak, you're hearing your voice resonating through the bones in your skull. Any recording changes that process fairly radically and - hence - the apparent weirdness of the recording. 

Chris.